Crocodilian <3

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
SO CUTE! I would love to get one eventually, but considering I live in an apartment in a major city, now would not be the time. Tho they are advertised on craigslist etc a TON around here. =/ How about some new pics? pretty please? :D
That's unfortunate that they are frequently advertised. It's irresponsible owners that didn't think it through. I wish more people were responsible enough to say, "Wow I would really like one of those, however right now is not the time." If they know they cannot care for one for it's whole life.

agreed. new pics. some of us are still following this thread ;]
I didn't even know this thread was being followed by anyone! :O
;)

Anywho, I've been awefully busy, but I can get some pictures up soon. I've been meaning to, just haven't had the time. :(

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Whomper just basking.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355713015.248446.jpg

Hiding out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355713083.267939.jpg

Sorry I haven been around much everybody. Hope all is well.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you going to be target training him? I assume that's the best method to safely move him once he gets bigger, for when you need to do tank maintenance or something. I have no idea if they need to be a certain age before they're capable of target training, though.

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Are you going to be target training him? I assume that's the best method to safely move him once he gets bigger, for when you need to do tank maintenance or something. I have no idea if they need to be a certain age before they're capable of target training, though.
I have not even thought of target training. I guess I could while he still likes me. Ha. I hope that doesn't change. But still. I haven't thought of it because he acts like an affectionate puppy with me. Very calm in my presence, but things could change no doubt.

Redneck101

Arachnosquire
Very cute. if i had room it would be cool to have one.. i dont know anything about keeping these little guys.. only know the basics of keeping a Alligator mississippiensis. we had one for a while.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have not even thought of target training. I guess I could while he still likes me. Ha. I hope that doesn't change. But still. I haven't thought of it because he acts like an affectionate puppy with me. Very calm in my presence, but things could change no doubt.
Target training is what zoos use, so I figure it's the most reliable method of getting big lizards/crocs to go where you want them too. It's even used for "more tamable" ones, like Komodo dragons. I just don't know if his brain is developed enough to learn it yet. He already knows you're the one who feeds him, so I'd imagine he'd be able to be trained now. You'll have to make a target on a stick, but that shouldn't be hard.

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Suprise Suprise

Well we just moved, so things have been SUPER hectic. I'm so worn out. :bruised:

Anywho, I thought you guys (assuming anyone still follows this thread :sarcasm: ) would enjoy some photo's of Whomper. It's been a while.

40837_556906077682838_1706971375_n.jpg

67542_556906021016177_1684512668_n.jpg

163540_556906041016175_897306412_n.jpg

537093_556905997682846_1253470675_n.jpg

How has everyone been doing? We're doing fantabulous. :love:

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was he grumpy about the move? I've heard crocodilians in captivity tend to get upset at change.

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What do you plan to house him in when he starts getting measured in feet not inches? :)

He looks great by the way! Glad youre back.

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Was he grumpy about the move? I've heard crocodilians in captivity tend to get upset at change.
He was a little grumpy. Not too bad. He's settled in now. Sorry for the late reply. :)

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 01:13 PM ----------

What do you plan to house him in when he starts getting measured in feet not inches? :)

He looks great by the way! Glad youre back.
A pond I the basement of our new house! :)