Croatia still trying to ban T keeping?

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
This is mildly off topic but I'm too curious.. I live in Slovenia and there have been discussions about the new Croatian law, which prohibits keeping exotic animals.. The only exceptions would be ZOOs and keeping for research purposes. Hobbyists would be allowed to keep the animals until their death (better stock up on slings ;) )

I'm just curious if any Croatian keepers know what is going on now with this law? Or anyone that has some information. I'm frightened because I live in a neighbouring country.. I'd be furious if our government tried to do the same here. Can you imagine? Illegal to keep T's ?? Also for many people breeding exotic animals is their only means of income.. Its just infuriating.. Anyway, Croatia, if they are still trying to prohibit the hobby, you know what you have to do with the parliament :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Illegal... such a big word. I know someone that continued to keep T's when those were full 'illegals' in Italy and nothing never happened. His ID is unknow :angelic:

anyway if a ban occur and "... If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the T-Team."

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Illegal... such a big word. I know someone that continued to keep T's when those were full 'illegals' in Italy and nothing never happened. His ID is unknow :angelic:

anyway if a ban occur and "... If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the T-Team."
Well its not really the strictness of the law that bothers me :D If such things become illegal, it would be of great inconvenience, thats all :D The T's would get expensive! :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well its not really the strictness of the law that bothers me :D If such things become illegal, it would be of great inconvenience, thats all :D The T's would get expensive! :D
The ban occurred in Italy in 2003 for arachnids proved well that such actions are destined to crumble in the long run :-s

as for a price rising, hell, you're right, but depends always.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
The ban occurred in Italy in 2003 for arachnids proved well that such actions are destined to crumble in the long run :-s.
Of course you cannot efficiently prevent pet keeping.. It's an idiotic idea in the first place. But I think in Croatia's case the environmentalists proposed such a law.. Something to do with animal cruelty.. Which to me is total bul..... If anything we are preserving the species and the T's in most cases get to live a longer and better life than in the wild.. Of course animal cruelty happens out of ignorance and just pure evil, by a small percentage of keepers, but damn, how much cruelty is done on a daily basis against cats and dogs and nobody bats an eye?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Of course you cannot efficiently prevent pet keeping.. It's an idiotic idea in the first place. But I think in Croatia's case the environmentalists proposed such a law.. Something to do with animal cruelty.. Which to me is total bul..... If anything we are preserving the species and the T's in most cases get to live a longer and better life than in the wild.. Of course animal cruelty happens out of ignorance and just pure evil, by a small percentage of keepers, but damn, how much cruelty is done on a daily basis against cats and dogs and nobody bats an eye?
Yeah you're completely right. Those freaks use and always used an helluva of moral/ethic different weight standards. Dogs & Cats traffic moves cash, while T's and arachnids in general are and remain, no matter the priced (btw still a nothing if compared to other exotic animals) exceptions, a cheap passion one.

And as we know, in this world of today, if someone/something do not move cash... sadly that someone/something is useless, not worth of a battle etc :-/

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I give to you what IMO is a perfect example.

T's and arachnids, since do not move cash at all (for real, I mean) were banned here in Italy in not even two hours in 2003.

But when after a couple of years, following pretty nasty incidents involving certain dogs (mostly due to 'masters' epic ignorant attitude, childrens mauled included. No jokes) Pitbulls and other 'dangerous dogs' (Cane Corso, Mastino Napoletano etc you name one) were on the line for a severe restrictions and stuff... everyone rised against and everything ended in nothing. From vets to press etc

Happy for that, because IMO dogs are innocents, their masters are always to blame.

But a fact remain: no one rised for defend arachnids, save for us -- and we are very few, btw.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Yeah it is kinda beautiful that your favourite pets require almost zero costs isn't it? :D I mean I don't care if the chain stores are demolished and closed down, as long as breeders have the right to produce T's :)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
But a fact remain: no one rised for defend arachnids, save for us -- and we are very few, btw.
Yeah here I think we in Slovenia are in luck. Having only 2Million people, there is a lot of people into exotics and fish.. We might overthrow the law if it comes to that.. Refferendum might fall if we get the opportunity to vote..

Don't get me started on dogs.. I mean even in Italy you must have heard it - we had a doctor who was killed by his own Bullmastiffs.. Yes plural.. Why ?? well because he decided it would be a great idea to sexually molest them and insert sex toys in their... won't go into details..

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah, you can say that. I visited once an exotic/arachnid fair in Lubiana and, while not big as Marbach one of course, was great. I also remember the Italian Forestry Corp mans dressed like normal 'curious' people trying to pinpoint Italian customers eh eh :angelic:

--
Christ, that freak deserved that, btw :)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
But the things that pisses me off with this is that everyone was like: "poor dogs blah blah.." Don't get me wrong, of course the dogs were victims and poor. My annoyance comes from the same people, who a few months back ranted about how venomous snakes are a danger to society, because we had a person who was bit by their rattlesnake at home, and had to be flown to austria to get the antivenom..

The moral of the story: Animals don't bite and kill if they don't feel threatened.. So dont be a d-bag and cherry pick which animals are a danger to society and which are not. Sorry, I guess I had some feelings bottled up haha :p

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Ah ah, you can say that. I visited once an exotic/arachnid fair in Lubiana and, while not big as Marbach one of course, was great.
Oh really? If you ever decide to come here again, let me know! I go every year! Next one is in May I presume :)

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
I have no idea in what stage this law is, i remember reading it up few months ago, but no news from then whatsoever. If actual ban takes place it will be the last straw and i'm immedietely moving out of Croatia

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I have no idea in what stage this law is, i remember reading it up few months ago, but no news from then whatsoever. If actual ban takes place it will be the last straw and i'm immedietely moving out of Croatia
I was waiting for your response :) wherever you go, dont come here.. Our country is screwed more even without this ban.. Austria here we come :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
No offense, @Chris LXXIX , Italy is great but trying to learn Italian would take me forever :p and I know a bit of german haha ;p
Oh no offense, man :)

Italy is totally screwed up from North to South, IMO by far in a worst shape than neighbour Slovenia or Croatia. But I will remain here, no matter, because one day the boot will reach the point of no return continuing this way, and I live for those things ;-)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
But I will remain here, no matter, because one day the boot will reach the point of no return continuing this way, and I live for those things ;-)
I guess we both like seeing anarchy when the government messes up :p I get to enjoy such things annually haha :D every year our parliament gets its windows smashed by an angry mob haha :D I love watching protests on the TV :D And there's A LOT :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I guess we both like seeing anarchy when the government messes up :p I get to enjoy such things annually haha :D every year our parliament gets its windows smashed by an angry mob haha :D I love watching protests on the TV :D And there's A LOT :D
Christ I'm not sure how much dumb they are... skyrocketing taxes that not even during Gaio Licinio Verre rule in Sicilia. Every right flushed in the toilet. A sanity system that, always free for everyone, now risk to turn into a 'pay $' like the U.S one. Work? What is that?

Banksters and stupid UE laws, like the one that seek to ban old style wood ovens for electric ones and so forth. A good 3000 people from Africa that arrives on a regular basis and the not elected by the people gov. push into hotels, old schools, former military bases etc

People cheated by the banks, and the gov. help and saves... those? Nope, the banks, ah ah :-s

And so forth to the point that even Ray Charles and S. Wonder are able to see clearly that things here are like a pressure cooker ready to explode. IMO it's a matter of "when" :)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
And so forth to the point that even Ray Charles and S. Wonder are able to see clearly that things here are like a pressure cooker ready to explode. IMO it's a matter of "when" :)
Ahhh the sweet spice of dark humour :D Dark as G. pulchra.. <- had to plant some T related stuff so this thread technically remains related to the hobby :p

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ahhh the sweet spice of dark humour :D Dark as G. pulchra.. <- had to plant some T related stuff so this thread technically remains related to the hobby :p
Ah ah, I love to joke, you know (even if I am always at the same time damn serious about) but, anyway, I doubt, man. I mean, always depends by the single European nation. In this UE what we (all of us) risk is a 'Bruxelles made' law against, but I doubt they will move for arachnids.

Assuming that they manage to push a ban in Croatia, well... IMO It's almost impossible for them to control everything: you just can't, you simply can't, in this modern and quite frantic world, where competition for remain in the market is a Dogma and everyone promise fast shipping/services etc to check, full X-Ray and I.D all the parcels, ah ah, you know what I mean :)