Cringy tarantula videos

robin8eye

Arachnopeon

terrible. he is making this A. avicularia swim in his tub. the T clearly wants to get out but he keeps moving it in. at one point he stirs it like a pot of f@#king soup.

Jess S

Arachnobaron

terrible. he is making this A. avicularia swim in his tub. the T clearly wants to get out but he keeps moving it in. at one point he stirs it like a pot of f@#king soup.
This guy is so obsessed with "acquatic spiders" the next video is his "diving" H gigas smh 😢

Sizzlipede

Arachnopeon
Have we all seen the “S. cal in the mouth” guy trying to become the first death by T?

I thought it was CGI at first but it’s real. He does the same thing with wasps, assassin bugs, and god knows what else. And thanks Jesus in every post. Pretty sure Jesus will be laughing right along with Darwin when the inevitable happens after he goes for the ultimate view count and sticks a Chironex fleckeri in there.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'll type it again. By posting these "cringy tarantula videos" you'll be giving the creators hundreds/thousands of views.

So they'll look at those views and think that vid did well. I'll make another.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I’m a little in awe that nobody wants to out an animal abuser. I guess I’d like to make sure I’m not taking advice from or giving my business to a person who does that.
As much as I agree with you, I believe calling out specific people or businesses is against the Arachnoboards TOS, and you risk getting banned if you choose to share that info anyway.

DirtyJ

Arachnopeon
Yo.... Like what in the actual hell are these dudes thinking.... This ones a new one.. Whole vid is SUPER CRINGE. Skip to 7:45 to see P. Metallica bite. Or watch up until that point and still be speechless for this type of disregard and disrespect with such beautiful animals.. Here's the actual vid....

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Yo.... Like what in the actual hell are these dudes thinking.... This ones a new one.. Whole vid is SUPER CRINGE. Skip to 7:45 to see P. Metallica bite. Or watch up until that point and still be speechless for this type of disregard and disrespect with such beautiful animals.. Here's the actual vid....
Those stupid bastards willing to risk their T’s safety for a caring video.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Or better still DON'T watch so you don't give them VIEWS as that's all they want. More views will just mean MORE vids.

This thread while made in good faith will have given all the awful vids loads of views they'd have never of got through exposure on here.

So more vids will be made because when the owners look at what vid did best it will the these.

Eva

Arachnosquire
Not sure if this has been shared already, but I've just come across this person:

This is apparently an after-molt bath or something.
Not the first time he's chased this poor T around his room either:
Escapes seem to be his thing, judging by the video gallery on his YT channel.
Very responsible dude indeed... :vomit:

robin8eye

Arachnopeon
this makes me so mad. thats a phoneutria! one of the most dangerous spiders. this idiot is waving his fingers and a stick close to its OBVIOUS threat posture. SMH.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I'll type it again. By posting these "cringy tarantula videos" you'll be giving the creators hundreds/thousands of views.

So they'll look at those views and think that vid did well. I'll make another.
agreed. They are all dead to me. I don't look, don't watch etc....
by a couple responses above I am glad I don't

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I wish they would do these handling things with less common true spiders so we could know the venom potency of them.

Someone has to be bitten to know lol

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Some more cringe I found on the internet, while looking for videos on B.Klaasi:

(Start at 11:34 and tell me what is wrong with this scene.)

(Owner manages to get B.Klaasi to bite 2:18-2:20, quit poking it in the face.)

(Risky, all the more incentive for me to not handle T's, period.)
I've never seen a fatter pair of T's iin my life 😅

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I've never seen a fatter pair of T's iin my life 😅
Sadly (or maybe not!) the last video had been taken down by the time I saw your post.

Thanks for linking the second video though. Gives a very good demonstration to anyone thinking of handling, that you need to check mood first. That straw could've been a finger.
Or even better, don't handle at all!

Edit:. Just realized I'm replying to a reply!
The original post is 4 years old but the OP @Jmanbeing93, seems to still use the boards. Cheers anyways!

Last edited:

ArchMage

Arachnopeon
Or better still DON'T watch so you don't give them VIEWS as that's all they want. More views will just mean MORE vids.

This thread while made in good faith will have given all the awful vids loads of views they'd have never of got through exposure on here.

So more vids will be made because when the owners look at what vid did best it will the these.
A simple solution to this is to make sure you give the video a thumbs down which will affect the traffic they receive. If the video is especially bad (like that Avic swimming video up above or this person getting bit due to poor husbandry) then make sure to leave a comment saying how bad it is so anyone that stumbles across it will hopefully see the problem. Hope that the creator is receptive to fix their mistakes or if they are purely doing it for content, they will make new videos regardless of new views or not. Unfortunately lol.

basin79

ArachnoGod
A simple solution to this is to make sure you give the video a thumbs down which will affect the traffic they receive. If the video is especially bad (like that Avic swimming video up above or this person getting bit due to poor husbandry) then make sure to leave a comment saying how bad it is so anyone that stumbles across it will hopefully see the problem. Hope that the creator is receptive to fix their mistakes or if they are purely doing it for content, they will make new videos regardless of new views or not. Unfortunately lol.
That's simply not true. Hence my post. ANY interaction on a youtube video equals a positive as it's interaction. So a video with 10k dislikes is better than a video with 9k likes in the youtube algorithm. Same goes with a comment. It's again interaction and just bumps the video up.