Cringy tarantula videos

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
The spider I doubt even ate the mouse. It was more threatened than hungry from the looks of it. It lashed out in defense, not to subdue prey.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
The spider I doubt even ate the mouse. It was more threatened than hungry from the looks of it. It lashed out in defense, not to subdue prey.
This is what I thought, looks like the camera man was just looking for his sick kicks.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Great, now I have to spend the day facing a battle of inner turmoil about whether I should subject myself to actually watching these videos or not. Curiosity can be such an awful thing. :(

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Great, now I have to spend the day facing a battle of inner turmoil about whether I should subject myself to actually watching these videos or not. Curiosity can be such an awful thing. :(
Nah... for instance, I don't watch those kind of videos. Annoying, nothing I can learn, sometimes with an absurd lenght.

But just like in the case of the first video, I watch a bit of those for Anthropology reasons u_u

And my conclusion is: she isn't 'hot' at all, looks like the wife of "Fantozzi" in her prime :)

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Nah... for instance, I don't watch those kind of videos. Annoying, nothing I can learn, sometimes with an absurd lenght.

But just like in the case of the first video, I watch a bit of those for Anthropology reasons u_u

And my conclusion is: she isn't 'hot' at all, looks like the wife of "Fantozzi" in her prime :)
That's why I care more for personality and knowledge than "anthropology" reasons. :p It's much easier to find a "plain looking" person with a beautiful personality attractive than it is to look beyond the horrible personality of a "hot" person. Obviously not all plain people have great personalities and not all hot people have terrible personalities, but I was just making a point.

Now if I could just stop getting distracted by everything else on YouTube, maybe I can find some videos I've watched before that would actually contribute to this thread

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well I dont have anything against vertabrate feedings, I do have something against such a stupid feed like that. Nice that size just shouldn't be fed.

Also, I'm AMAZED at how fast that venom killed that mouse, or at least paralyzed it. Very very cool.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
This thread has given me more of an emotional roller coaster than most movies :dead::rofl::banghead::banghead: I might have to dig up a rather upsetting video I found quite some time ago, it was a kid chasing his "giant birdeater" around a bath tub trying to get it into an enclosure far too small for it, his comment section was a sight to behold aswell :penguin:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Maybe @petkokc can compile all the juicy bits of the vids shared here into one video that explains why they're all so wrong.. that's one I would like to see..

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Well I dont have anything against vertabrate feedings, I do have something against such a stupid feed like that. Nice that size just shouldn't be fed.

Also, I'm AMAZED at how fast that venom killed that mouse, or at least paralyzed it. Very very cool.
It's a difficult one for me, because if it was an event that took place in the wild, I would think "well that's nature for you"; a vertebrate like a mouse has the ability to communicate distress in such a way that humans can comprehend (unlike a cricket), I couldn't bring myself to do it. Even with a live mouse that is a suitable size for a T. It may just be because my dad used to keep mice and rats when I was little. Dead ones I could do because waste not want not.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
It's a difficult one for me, because if it was an event that took place in the wild, I would think "well that's nature for you"; a vertebrate like a mouse has the ability to communicate distress in such a way that humans can comprehend (unlike a cricket), I couldn't bring myself to do it. Even with a live mouse that is a suitable size for a T. It may just be because my dad used to keep mice and rats when I was little. Dead ones I could do because waste not want not.
Only rodent I ever kept was a hamster that liked to nip me, maybe that's why I'm not so against it. ;)

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire

Here's a kid unboxing a baby P metallica..
Them camera skills though... made me more motion sick than a found footage horror.

Only rodent I ever kept was a hamster that liked to nip me, maybe that's why I'm not so against it. ;)
Ahh, fair enough! Rats and mice are much nicer than hamsters (in my opinion). They are much more affectionate. We used to reward test rats at uni (behavioural tests, nothing inhumane) with cuddles to the point they would launch themselves at you when they had completed a task. I now have a strict "no feeding T's animals that like to be cuddled" rule.

Leila

Arachnobaron
The contents of this thread have made me covet the 'facepalm' rating immensely.
I'd be tossing those out left and right.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Honestly, I forget about my maternal instincts up until the point I watch a child stabbing at something with a box cutter.

boina

Lady of the mites
Well, I know this is a thread about videos but since we are on the topic: I am very strongly against feeding life vertebrates.

Reasons:
1. Vertebrates have a much more complex nervous system and we know they can feel pain - intense pain.
2. Depending on tarantula species it can take a painfully long time of pain until the vertebrate is actually dead.
3. A vertebrate is able to be afraid and will fear death.
4. A vertebrate will very likely be very afraid through all the events before it finally ends in the tarantula cage - possibly capture, transport, etc.
(5. Factory farming of feeder mice and rats is just as horrible as any factory farming. - Not always applicable)
6. It is absolutely not necessary and instead dangerous for the tarantula.
7. And about the nature argument: Yes it happens in nature but my living room is my living room and a tarantula cage is not nature.

Sorry, I feel strongly about this.

And please note: I said live vertebrates. Most of these points do not apply for prekilled vertebrates.