Crime Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its not that I have time on my hands..its just that all my bills and rent is up to date so i have sort a speak extra money. some people buy shoes, shirts n cars with their money.... i spoil my Ts with a varied diet and I also want to see for my personal wants differences in food digestion, time it takes to kill the prey just different things i take notes and keep them just see how my Ts react to different prey if they attack ones faster than other or if they have aversions to certain prey and so on.

I know tarantulas don't have aversions to prey because they will eat whatever they can over power so when you try different prey you can actually try to find out if they really dont like certain stuff.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well if you have the time, then come here and tell that to my T´s, they wont take dead food. So you mean i just need to starve them then???

They won't take dead food... feed them crickets then!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Its not that I have time on my hands..its just that all my bills and rent is up to date so i have sort a speak extra money. some people buy shoes, shirts n cars with their money.... i spoil my Ts with a varied diet and I also want to see for my personal wants differences in food digestion, time it takes to kill the prey just different things i take notes and keep them just see how my Ts react to different prey if they attack ones faster than other or if they have aversions to certain prey and so on.

I know tarantulas don't have aversions to prey because they will eat whatever they can over power so when you try different prey you can actually try to find out if they really dont like certain stuff.
You just said it yourself.. they'll eat anything they can overpower... that sums it up. So you know they'll eat a mouse, a rat, a lizard, a cricket, a locust, a roach.. lol The research has been done...

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I usually do not comment on choice of diet but those pics are sad :mad: .

Glad you enjoyed watching it try to get away while it was still alive with fangs through it eyes :? . Sounds fun. And you know what that Anole would have a chance in the wild not in a little plastic box going against a predator it knows nothing about. I’m tired of people saying “well in the wild” They are NOT in the wild.……. Crickets or roaches are all they no need. There is no reason to torture anoles and mice and so on………………………………………..Just woke up still a little grumpy :eek: I'll go get my coffee :cool:
Couldn't agree more! I find the pics a big yuk.. show me them eating roaches and crix yer..but that poor lizard is suffering..

*sigh* i knew this would turn into a debate

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well if you have the time, then come here and tell that to my T´s, they wont take dead food. So you mean i just need to starve them then???

Agreed slings will eat prekilled but not adults. But like I said earlier they do not need anything but crix or roaches or super worms or silkworms or waxworms……. how much more of a variety do they need? All those options seem like a satisfactory diet for the T. People like to experiment and use the T’s health and well being as an excuse to do so when they already get what they need from the options above.

Steph

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i spoil my Ts with a varied diet and I also want to see for my personal wants differences in food digestion, time it takes to kill the prey just different things i take notes and keep them just see how my Ts react to different prey if they attack ones faster than other or if they have aversions to certain prey and so on.

So your hobby is not T’s but you use them as a tool to satisfy your own curiosities at no thoughts of the well being of the T…. nice.

And why is it important to know how long it takes the meal to die and how it is digested. Here I’ll help you out Crickets and roaches digest fine and is way closer to their natural diet than pet lizards and pet birds.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have also thought about trying a parakeet with one or two of my Tarantulas so when/ if I do that I'll let yall know the outcome of it.
Please keep that to yourself. Just because it COULD happen does not mean you need to facilitate MAKING it happen.

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My adult Hatian browns have eaten frozen pinkies, maybe its about how you prepare it? I didn't really like the mess so i stick to crix. I am not sure if it was a nice treat for the tarantulas and i didn't know that they weren't anymore nutritious than crix at the time.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think feeding live animals (lizards, mice etc) is disgusting anyway...

well done :clap: :clap: my support 100% :worship: :worship: phil

I usually do not comment on choice of diet but those pics are sad :mad: .

Glad you enjoyed watching it try to get away while it was still alive with fangs through it eyes :? . Sounds fun. And you know what that Anole would have a chance in the wild not in a little plastic box going against a predator it knows nothing about. I’m tired of people saying “well in the wild” They are NOT in the wild.……. Crickets or roaches are all they no need. There is no reason to torture anoles and mice and so on………………………………………..Just woke up still a little grumpy :eek: I'll go get my coffee :cool:
well done :clap: :clap: my support 100%:worship: :worship: phil

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have also thought about trying a parakeet with one or two of my Tarantulas so when/ if I do that I'll let yall know the outcome of it.
Please keep that to yourself. Just because it COULD happen does not mean you need to facilitate MAKING it happen.

Yeah, i would hope that you do at least keep it to yourself if you choose to do something like that. Regardless of what COULD happen in nature, Parakeets here in the US are PETS!!! i know, as i breed several species of parrots and they are all sold as pets! i have never considered using my young babies as food for anything!!

At this point to continue this arguement, it would seem like you are getting as much enjoyment out of the negative reaction you're getting, as you do from your front row seat of your unnatural nature show.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So your hobby is not T’s but you use them as a tool to satisfy your own curiosities at no thoughts of the well being of the T…. nice.

And why is it important to know how long it takes the meal to die and how it is digested. Here I’ll help you out Crickets and roaches digest fine and is way closer to their natural diet than pet lizards and pet birds.
It's just a weiner extension! Watchin lil anole suffer...shame shame. Personally, I wouldn't want the extra clean-up of blood and decay from uneaten tissue in a terrarium...ugh. I'm sure my "Rozilla" M robustum could crush a poor lil lizard, or a mouse, but nah, I'll pass on such "delights"

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, i would hope that you do at least keep it to yourself if you choose to do something like that. Regardless of what COULD happen in nature, Parakeets here in the US are PETS!!! i know, as i breed several species of parrots and they are all sold as pets! i have never considered using my young babies as food for anything!!

At this point to continue this arguement, it would seem like you are getting as much enjoyment out of the negative reaction you're getting, as you do from your front row seat of your unnatural nature show.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's just a weiner extension! Watchin lil anole suffer...shame shame. Personally, I wouldn't want the extra clean-up of blood and decay from uneaten tissue in a terrarium...ugh. I'm sure my "Rozilla" M robustum could crush a poor lil lizard, or a mouse, but nah, I'll pass on such "delights"

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wasnt trying to get any negative reaction at all just showing people what my T did that I found interesting and then after that I was just explainin stuff I might do that's all...Getting a negative reaction or a "Weiner extention
" reaction as someone called it isnt really what i posted this for so the post was taking out of context so that's just that. People show all kinds of pictures on here related to Tarantulas so I was just showing mine. its not suppose tobe any kind of debates unless people make it that way. its not like people would feel better if I were able to get my hands on birds from its native habitat in Trinidad and Tobago and fed it that. Either way birds will always be looked at as pets just like mice are only looked @ as pets from certain people. You can't please everyone all the time. So this was just something I decided to post. Not to upset people and not for an ego trip just something I found interesting to see / take pictures of. ;) ;)

wonderfvl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree 100% with verry_sweet & Becky. :clap: I love T's, mice, reptiles, birds, & even crickets, although I only keep Ts, feeders & dogs. I feed my T's supers, meal worms, & crickets. That's all they need. My feeders are the ones that have the highly nutritious diet for my T’s benefit. What you are doing walks the line of animal cruelty.

Its not that I have time on my hands..its just that all my bills and rent is up to date so i have sort a speak extra money. some people buy shoes, shirts n cars with their money....
Also, if you've got a little extra money on your hands, and blow it on this kind of stuff, your priorities may be a little skewed if you're still paying rent. :?

Arachnotized

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is a fine line between animals eating to survive and animals kept in cages where they are in a controlled environment and fed on a regular basis. Most of which are either prekilled or insect based foods. From what I gathered in the pics it was a slaughter fest you induced for your own sheer enjoyment. Then you go on to mention parakeets. To me that not only shows how inept you are keeping animals for enjoyment but the brutality in doing so. Most hobbyists who feed their animals live foods would only take snaps of them eating an insect..I think generally more accepted by the public then reptiles/smaller animals we also keep as pets. It is ridiculous that you would even consider feeding a parakeet to a tarantula. Not only is that inhumane but against the ethics of many pet hobbyists everywhere. You are the reason many people dont want to part with their small animals when they need rehoming. Shame on you. :mad:

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They won't take dead food... feed them crickets then!
Hej again, sorry i misunderstood your post, i did not see at first you only meant lizard/mice. And i do use roaches and crickets;)

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree 100% with verry_sweet & Becky. :clap: I love T's, mice, reptiles, birds, & even crickets, although I only keep Ts, feeders & dogs. I feed my T's supers, meal worms, & crickets. That's all they need. My feeders are the ones that have the highly nutritious diet for my T’s benefit. What you are doing walks the line of animal cruelty.

Also, if you've got a little extra money on your hands, and blow it on this kind of stuff, your priorities may be a little skewed if you're still paying rent. :?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is a fine line between animals eating to survive and animals kept in cages where they are in a controlled environment and fed on a regular basis. Most of which are either prekilled or insect based foods. From what I gathered in the pics it was a slaughter fest you induced for your own sheer enjoyment. Then you go on to mention parakeets. To me that not only shows how inept you are keeping animals for enjoyment but the brutality in doing so. Most hobbyists who feed their animals live foods would only take snaps of them eating an insect..I think generally more accepted by the public then reptiles/smaller animals we also keep as pets. It is ridiculous that you would even consider feeding a parakeet to a tarantula. Not only is that inhumane but against the ethics of many pet hobbyists everywhere. You are the reason many people dont want to part with their small animals when they need rehoming. Shame on you. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.