Crickets hatching in scorpion enclosure

dreamingblue

Arachnopeon
Exactly that lol I adopted a scorpion through a rescue, and when I got it, it had a couple crickets in the enclosure. Cut to a couple months? later and baby crickets are starting to pop up out of the dirt. The scorpion doesnt seem to mind if it notices at all but I’m imagining it could be a problem especially if the crickets get bigger. I definitely wouldn't mind maybe raising the crickets as feeders so I guess my questions are, what should I do in this situation, and how should I go about keeping the crickets?? Thanks.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've kept spiders and stuff for over 15 years and I've never been able to get my crickets to breed lol.

SilentWidowMaker

KingWidow
I've barely started to breed them and let me tell you it's quite the process. It's time consuming and a hassle. Problem is my bearded dragon and chameleon alone eat around 40_50 a day. I guess if they're only for a tarantula or two it would be worth it. I have a Costa Rican striped knee and I'm thinking in the long run dubia roaches.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve bred, hatched and raised crix without even trying. Man those little hatchlings are TINY adults hah. You could certainly grow them up- food and water.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Don’t let them grow up in the enclosure though. Once they get a bit bigger, they can be kind of bitey. Shouldn’t be a problem when they’re really small though, unless the scorpion is too.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Add a piece of apple to the enclosure, wait half an hour or so for the babies to come eat, then pull it out and put it in a separate enclosure. Repeat every day or so for a while and you should get most of them. Babies want lots of moisture but they also need decent ventilation, so I keep mine in a well-ventilated tub with a small container of moist soil and some egg crate off to the side.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Exactly that lol I adopted a scorpion through a rescue, and when I got it, it had a couple crickets in the enclosure. Cut to a couple months? later and baby crickets are starting to pop up out of the dirt. The scorpion doesnt seem to mind if it notices at all but I’m imagining it could be a problem especially if the crickets get bigger. I definitely wouldn't mind maybe raising the crickets as feeders so I guess my questions are, what should I do in this situation, and how should I go about keeping the crickets?? Thanks.
Funny that I read this this morning and just now I've noticed the same thing happened in one of my S. subspinipes enclosure too and I see it going crazy trying to catch them all !