Crickets escaped

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
None of the found runners were mature so the risk was not big. For now, I switched back to using mealworms as the preferred feeders
Mealworms are not a good feeder either. In my colony, they attracted grain mites and I dropped one while feeding my scorpion and it almost fully buried itself in my carpet. They make better feeders but I sometimes wish they just ate vegetables like my tortoises.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
Mealworms are not a good feeder either. In my colony, they attracted grain mites and I dropped one while feeding my scorpion and it almost fully buried itself in my carpet. They make better feeders but I sometimes wish they just ate vegetables like my tortoises.
I don't have carpets, so there is a very low risk of escape and mealworms are cheap and available locally. I live in a smaller city and I can either buy a small batch of mealworms or buy a lot of feeders online to balance the shipping cost.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I had around 10 red runners escape last November, about 4 I found dead laying on the floor just like that in the first week, another 4 were spotted hiding, lured out, and killed in the first two weeks. I thought that the remaining ones died somewhere out of sight, but my son spotted one in early January when he went to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Probably the same runner was spotted and killed by my husband a week later. The last one was found during remodeling our kitchen, hiding under a floor board. Only the bathroom and kitchen had hiding places where they could survive but we did complete remodeling of both in February, leaving bare concrete, so I'm sure there aren't more. None of the found runners were mature so the risk was not big. For now, I switched back to using mealworms as the preferred feeders.
If they can survive a Polish winter, send some to me. I know mine can survive drought and extreme temps. Polish winter even my great grandfather couldn't survive.

KenD

Arachnosquire
Not good. I was sat on the floor with my crickets, I get up to grab a spray bottle to give them some water. In doing so I knock over my own water. So I dash towards my electric adapter to move them out the way then get up again to grab a towel. I then knock over my crickets doing so and now I've had god knows how many escapes, It's not my day lol. On one hand I've provided my cat I'm sure with endless entertainment on the other I've probably got a fair few crickets roaming around. Oh dear, this hobby is always a thrill lol.
I did pretty much the same thing with some lateralis nymphs... Good thing they need a bit more heat and moisture to procreate successfully...