Cricket stuck in cage

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
New tarantula owner here had her for about 4 months and she molted about 2 weeks ago. I tried feeding her today and the cricket ran into her hide and I can't get it out without disturbing my T.
Suggestions?
Can I just leave it in there and hope she eats it?

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
She'll probably eat it considering that she recently molted, is this the first time she's been offered food since her last molt?

Personally, I have a cricket I can't get out of an arboreal Ts hide without disturbing her so I'm in the same boat, unfortunately, I think mine may be ready to molt and might just be refusing the meal.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
Just leave it in there. The cricket will move around some and will probably come back out of the hide soon enough or will be eaten soon enough. Your T will be a-okay with it in there since it sounds like there isn't a molt on the way. I say check in within a day and see if she has eaten it. If not, then take it back out if you can without disturbing your T.

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
This is the 2nd time I've offered her food the first was about a week after her molt and I realized it was too early to feed her. She is currently about 5-6 inches

jdoolittle761

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the help everyone I came back in to find 2 cricket legs and I promptly fed her another which she gobbled up immediately :)