Cricket or cricket?

Wuuushot

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.
I just have a little question regarding the feeding of my Smithi.
My girlfriend went to buy some crickets for me but they are not the same I usually give. So I'd like to know if they are adequate to my tarantula diet.
Thanks for your replies. :) 1469561980838992473643.jpg

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Those look like locusts. As long as they're not too big for your T, they'll be fine feeders.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are not crickets. They are grasshoppers/ locusts. I'm assuming the spider in your profile pic is the one in question? If so, those should be fine to feed it.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Those are grasshoppers/locusts and they should be fine to feed your tarantulas with. Just make sure they are the right size for your T.

louise f

Arachnoangel
The feeders should never be bigger than the T`s body, but if the locusts you got there are for the spider you have on your avatar pic, it is fine sized meals for it as others mentioned too:)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
How do you define the right size? Simply smaller as my T?
I usually go for the prey needing to be smaller then the size of the Ts abdomen. If the prey is a lot smaller I offer it more often. If it's a lot larger and it's all I have I'll prekill and cut it up to the right size.

Like a post above mentioned if it's the T in your profile photo it should be fine with prey that size.