Cricket housing

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
Here is my problem. I can only buy crickets in half dozen quantity or more but I am having trouble finding containers to keep them in. I was keeping them in the bag but around day 3 or 4 they are chewing their evil selves through and need a new bag…. Assuming you just have a half dozen, what do you keep your crickets in while they are waiting to be feed to your ts?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep mine in the smallest Kritter Keeper there is. I almost never have crickets over a week and very rarely over 4 days. With a small water dish with rocks in it, it works well.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I say stick they in the icebox and that will slow them down and should keep them from chewing the bag

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i use a small kritter keeper also but in place of the water dish, i just chop up a baby carrot and put it in there. I don't advise keeping them longer than a week anyways as they start to smell. It's important to clean the keeper out every week before you put in new crickets. hope this helps.

Iggy22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya know, I am kinda against buying those cricket keepers and what not, but I recently purchased one for travel and I love it. I have had the same crickets for 4 weeks! I bought it at Petco for $9.99 and it was worth every penny. it is made by a company named Lee. Check it out.