cricket hiding under moulting tarantula,what should i do?i need replies quick!

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just got back from vacation and was checking all my t's and my my juvenile trinidad chevron is moulting.its on its back moulting in a little burrow it made.if i try to get the cricket out the roof of the burrow could collapse onto the tarantula,the cricket is hiding right under the tarantula and i dont want any harm done.what should i do?
thanks
Tom

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am no expert. But IMO I would say to leave the cricket and the T alone. If you think the burrow could colapse onto the T, I would say, you're probably going to have to just observe very carefully and if the cricket does not make a move on the T, it might be best to let it stay there but do not take your eye off it! If the cricket does appear to be harming the T I would say you might want to carefully intervene, with as little vibration to the terrarium and the T as possible. The problem is, crickets tend to run from you when you want to take them out. So, if it does not disturb the T and you feel that you should remove the cricket you could also try chasing it away from where the T is and watching to make sure it stays away. I have done that before.
Good luck!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it were me, I think I would just watch it molt. When its done it will more than likely turn over and move away from the danger.IMO ... Tough call though.

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah i was trying to get the cricket out,and where did it run to?down the t's burrow right under the t!the burrow is dark so i cant see the cricket but i know thats it has to be real close to it because its in the burrow with it.im constantly keeping my eye on it though.
Tom

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi,
I would do what Ernie suggests. The same thing happened to me with my smithi. I stayed right on top of her, visually. I thought the crick was trying to harm her, so (this is really bad), I reached in with a pair of hemostats, and squished the cricket. Sorry but, my pets come first. (sorry if that sounded bad)

Peace,
Gillian

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i wish it was that easy to just squish the cricket.only way to squish the cricket is by tearing open the burrow to get to it.
Tom

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the cricket just climbed out of the burrow! i got it with the tweezers,killled the bastard and fed its guts to my tiny carlsbad green spiderling.
thanks for all the replies.
Tom

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Tom,
Woo hoo! Thank God..Cricks are such vile nastys...

Peace,
Gillian