Cricket food

Tar

Arachnosquire
Hey so I recently bought crickets for my t's ,since I have no fruits/vegetables whatsoever
I tried the "golden cricket food" that they sell. And I noticed that when I put it in the enclosure in about 5 secs the crickets just go and eat like madmen. So is this a better food than fruits/vegetables or not?

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Commercial foods like that will always be mass produced for profit. It may be enriched with minerals & stuff, but it's not going to beat fresh greens.

You also say you have no fruits/vegetables whatsoever, which is pretty worrying! Get some greens in you and feed the left-overs to the crickets!

basin79

ArachnoGod
I don't eat fruit or veg but buy it in for my parrot and live food. I also feed the roaches/crickets dry complete dog food and cereals. Your pets get out of what you put into their food.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I keep my crickets in a tank with dirt and I plant grass in it. Put on a lexan top and the condensation waters the grass and the crickets. The dirt keeps the smell down too. It's as close to a perfect setup as I've found