Cricket Eggs?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi everyone,

I dropped a cricket into my A.geniculata's cage a couple days ago and it stuck its long tube thing coming out of its ass in the soil and started moving weird. I assume it was laying eggs. I kept disturbing it until the spider grabbed it then i crushed and mixed around the soil where i suspected eggs to be laid. The substrate is very dry but the air humiduty is nice and high with 2 water dishes and a moist towel on part of the top of the cage at all times. Do the eggs need moist soil to hatch? or am i going to have a few thousand little buggers running about in a couple weeks?

Any help appreciated,

Mark

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
It happened to me! I had no idea that mostly all crix are pregnant. I thought that long thing on the back was associated with a male! But then I posted on this site, and got LOTS of answers!

Anyway, to hatch, they need moist, warm soil. I've actually been putting a little box of wet verm in my crix cage, they lay their eggs like crazy in it. I haven't had any hatch yet... but they aren't laying in the T cages anymore.

Yes... I've been watching them, one cage infestation is enough!:(

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have had baby crickets hatch, but it was in my arboreal cages where the substrate was moist. When this happens, it didn't seem to be alot of them and they just seemed to die off. Most likely if the substrate is dry, you won't have any little crickets.