Cricket disappeared in OBT Tank

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
I have a problem a cricket I put in my OBT’s cage Wasn’t able to really move But I left it in to see if my OBT Would eat it later on after his cricket he has but was In the Top corner Webbed on the cage, Kaos Happened when I left my house n my T had made an escape but had Found him But before I put him Back I tried to get the cricket out but I couldn’t Find the Cricket Anywhere It disappeared but I looked for days and it’s nowhere in sight, What should I do? my T is kinda new so he had just got Comfortable and the cricket was last seen where my Tarantula has its new Webbed up Den At what should I get recommended to Do? If anyone Can help me.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
cricket has either died or the OBT will find it 2 some point. Unless your T is molting, a live cricket wandering around is no danger

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
I dont worry about crickets as much in heavy webbing species' enclosures, crickets would have a tough time breaking through the webbing and harming a molting T. Hell, back when I was 7 and the previous owner misinformed me, my G. porteri survived all her molts with live feeders running around because she boarded up her hide with webbing. Now that I dont keep live feeders in there, she doesnt web it up to molt. Thought it was a interesting behavior to share, albeit a little off topic.

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
You guys are right the cricket is pretty helpless It wasn’t really Moving at all nor could move It just laid there helplessly, But had Just disappeared in the tank & didn’t want it to Cause Whatever it can cause, Just didn’t know what to do, I had just Adopted a Tarantula and Had It’s New home up for about a week n he’s all Settled in, don’t want to Destroy everything shes created to find the cricket, But She had just molted not to long ago, as well

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
when I left my house n my T had made an escape
I agree with everything previously said, but I feel like this is a way bigger problem. How did your T manage to escape?! You wouldn't want a t loose in your house - especially highly venomous OWs like the OBT.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I agree with everything previously said, but I feel like this is a way bigger problem. How did your T manage to escape?! You wouldn't want a t loose in your house - especially highly venomous OWs like the OBT.
“Highly venomous” or not, it’s not lethal. It happens to more keepers than you’d think and it’s something people don’t talk about much. OP found it and returned it. That’s what matters. New keepers buy wc S cals and wind up with babies on their ceilings never knowing there was a sac

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
The cricket probably followed the T out of the tank and is living under your refrigerator. Not to worry, one of your friendly neighborhood scorpions or centipedes will take care of it eventually! :lol:

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
Honestly she was feeding In my top Corner Blocking my Sliding Top To Be On So I left 75% Open N I put a Cardboard on top of her blocking Any opening , I forgot they Live in the Forrest n squeeze Through anything, Just didn’t expect her to Escape , was gonna evacuate My room 😂 but found her Between Stuff On my dresser , took 30 mins To catch That quick Sucker learned my lesson Though, Never Again, She plotted the whole thing believe it or not & it worked

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
The cricket probably followed the T out of the tank and is living under your refrigerator. Not to worry, one of your friendly neighborhood scorpions or centipedes will take care of it eventually! :lol:
That’s absolutely hilarious. That was a great laugh I am Not Gonna lie, you guys are amazing On here

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
“Highly venomous” or not, it’s not lethal. It happens to more keepers than you’d think and it’s something people don’t talk about much. OP found it and returned it. That’s what matters. New keepers buy wc S cals and wind up with babies on their ceilings never knowing there was a sac
I agree. or they manage To get lost while Handling, Happened before as well, They are overlooked on how fast they really are

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
I agree. or they manage To get lost while Handling, Happened before as well, They are overlooked on how fast they really are
I disagree, if anything their speed is over exaggerated.

To clarify i was referring to s cals and fellow ow arboreals.

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
That’s absolutely hilarious. That was a great laugh I am Not Gonna lie, you guys are amazing On here
Crickets will kill roaches so maybe you just added some pest control. I have so many wild crickets in and around my house, if a feeder ever makes a jail break I just let it go find its people

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
Can OBT’s just keep eating? My obt Stays In The front of all his entrances just waiting for something even after he eats , do they stay In Hunting mode 24/7 ?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Can OBT’s just keep eating? My obt Stays In The front of all his entrances just waiting for something even after he eats , do they stay In Hunting mode 24/7 ?
once they are fat and full they retreat into their hide. Keep them slightly underfed so they remain as yours is right now

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
once they are fat and full they retreat into their hide. Keep them slightly underfed so they remain as yours is right now
Yes he Is Looking fat Rn But Good Will do so, He just switches off on 3 entrances To his Hide , Pretty funny, just didn’t want him starving, But thank you Matt man I appreciate your knowledge Friend

Imashark4201

Arachnopeon
Do you guys get your T’s from local stores or sellers or Online, Was curious if any of you guys got them online before

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Do you have a recommended site or it’s local , I was Looking at undergroundreptiles but didn’t know How I felt about it
Sorry, I'm not from the US. But I'm sure others from the states can give you some good recommendations. :)