Creepy

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's almost a month that he/she? (I have no clue about the sex nor, unlike with T's, how to proper sex him/her, sold as unsexed btw) is living with me.

Bugger ate a cricket two days after the transfer, then disappeared until today. Moving the dirt in front of the cork bark. I suspected a pre-molt time. Again, clueless about Centipedes behavior.

Until 30 minutes prior circa, when I noticed him/her/wtf crawling hard, trying, again, to escape, climbing the walls using the air holes of the plastic enclosure.

B.dubia asap, of course. An adult one. I never, never, never saw such an "aggressive" (hate to use this word but) behavior prior. Name the 'Baboon', 'Haplo' you want.
T's are a joke, a children putting a tantrum for candy if compared.

Those are the ultimate bastards, and "Houdini", I tell you. I hope that this unsexed S.subspinipes long like, more or less, two packets of Marlboro 20, will be happy and wouldn't escape tomorrow morning when I will NOT been at home, Jesus Christ.

Just a rant, uh. I'm starting to love Centipedes eh eh

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
B.dubia literally devoured, while my C.marshalli still sucking a same size B.dubia.

Wandering again with that "head" high. It's like having Lenin at home preaching subversive stuff and you can't do nothing about, because there's a firing squad ready for you :-s

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Yeahhh, fast and venomous, can climb glass and fit through tight spaces, and totally creepy looking and moving -- centipedes are one invert I will not be collecting! At least I am no longer horrified by small ones and must say that Scutigera coleoptrata are even elegant looking but the big ones... :eek:

Anyway, good luck with your beast and I hope it doesn't escape... *cue Jaws theme music* :anxious:

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeahhh, fast and venomous, can climb glass and fit through tight spaces, and totally creepy looking and moving -- centipedes are one invert I will not be collecting! At least I am no longer horrified by small ones and must say that Scutigera coleoptrata are even elegant looking but the big ones... :eek:

Anyway, good luck with your beast and I hope it doesn't escape... *cue Jaws theme music* :anxious:
They can't climb glass. I definitely wouldn't have any if they did.
*shivers*

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I thought I'd read that they could... but I'll take your word for it as I'm not about to test it myself! :p
Yeah they can't climb smooth surfaces but many of the larger ones can prop themselves up against the cage walls and reach the top anyway, which is why airtight lids are an absolute necessity when keeping centipedes!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I keep mine into those plastic boxes, with millimeter sized air holes. He/She loves to reach the top using those holes a la Messner, lol, a badass climber.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Haha, just dont and i mean dont, put those in a KK. Hehe:D:D True they can`t climb glass, but they can stretch out so much, they are true escapists. hehe:D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Pics Chris missing pics here :)
That was just a rant, no need for pics, my friend. Imagine a juve S.subspinipes in a plastic box with a lot of leaves, pieces of cork bark, some inches of Irish peat moss :-s

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to pics, also, you know :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Nice little layout. I believe to sex them you have to gas them and pop their vents or put two adults together and see what happens.
Eh eh, I don't think I will do something like that, man... seems a bit risky :p

Oh, thanks but IMO nothing special... just Irish peat moss, fake leaves, pieces of cork bark.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Eh eh, I don't think I will do something like that, man... seems a bit risky :p

Oh, thanks but IMO nothing special... just Irish peat moss, fake leaves, pieces of cork bark.
Simplicity at it's finest.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Jesus Christ, today at 6 in the morning something ruined the harmony of my crickets "songs" and B.dubia moving; heard a noise... and who was? Theraphosidae are diligent, respectful buggers, no matter if they are fast as light, high strung 'Baboons' or what else. They are always calm and collected, especially the Goddess.

So who's the culprit? That creepy & beautiful centipede that climbed the top trying to escape, using his head like a sort of battering ram, munching everything with forcipules (not a big deal that).

Part of his/her antenna managed to squeeze through the gap, however, but only that. He/she remained for a good 5 minutes on the side, trying to spot a weak point for escape. I was watching that scene, ready for everything, of course.

After, he/she returned under the cork bark, so I gave to that unruly monster a female B.dubia. Attacked like a fury in no time... I don't have a centipede from Vietnam, I have a Mafioso. Just like those thugs of 'Carlito's Way' that watch over "Sasso aka Ron" for his debts.

"25K will quiet them for now..." like a couple of B.dubia mines :rage:

Last edited: