Creating Larger arthropods

Montgg

Arachnosquire
so this video I found got me thinking, I was wondering if hypothetically it would be possible to eventually increase the size of arthropods by increasing the oxygen gradually over the course of many years. Obviously if they were put in this oxygen rich environment they would probably perish, but what if you consistently produced new offspring while also increasing the amount of Oxygen minimally. would they eventually be forced to grow to larger sizes because of the amount of oxygen intake? This is just me being curious and I am no expert on this stuff. Not sure what place would have been the best to post this btw.

T Lurksalot

Arachnopeon
The square-cube law means the bigger an arthropod gets the greater internal volume it has that must be oxygenated. If you bump up ambient oxygen this makes it easier for their respiratory system to capture it, and allows larger individuals to flourish. Give your experiment a few million individuals so that random mutation creates enough larger individuals to take advantage of the new conditions, and the giants may eventually out compete their smaller brethren assuming enough biomass is available to feed them. Then you just need a few million years while the process repeats over and over, and voilà you’ve got giant bugs! :troll:

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All this also depends on maintaining a constantly elevated oxygen level in your thousands of enclosures. May be easier to just increase the global oxygen levels. Go plant ten million trees a year.