crazy handling!!

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I wonder what the photo finishing people think when they develop our pictures ! :eek:

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Personally, I'd hold that Brown Recluse over having a T. Blondi on my bare leg...ugh =p

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

wow! those are some of the craziest pics i've ever seen, holding a cobalt! a togo ornamental, dear god! pategirl i can't beleave your holding that c. paganus! of course i don't handle any of mine,lol--Jeff

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
handling isnt the dangerous part... getting them out is.

vayu son... i've had that happen w/ my thumb before too..... hapolopelma sp. i have struck at it pretty good once.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have held my Cobalt and p.murinus. Once I have held them a couple of times they seemed tame to me. They are now.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The only spider I have that is totally not handleable is my cobalt blue. The rest are fairly docile for the most part.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Re: let me clarify my statement...

Originally posted by Phillip
Yes widows will bite if the web is disturbed but they do not bite when they are walking around on you. The reason that I failed to mention the web thing would be that the thread was about handling not about reaching under a log and touching ones web. In other words yes Bill you are correct but once they are on the run they do not go defensive and will in fact play dead rather than try to attack you.

Phil
I agree, this follows my experience - that they are quite like a fish out of water when crawling around - Latrodectus isn't built for roaming. When pulled from their web, they tend to roll up and don't tend to go on the attack.

bill

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Re: Re: ><

Originally posted by Immortal_sin
The thing about this particular KB is that once it's out of it's burrow and container, it becomes much calmer. I have a feeling that could be true for many of the more defensive species, but I've yet to test it out on all of them...I may be a bit nuts, but not completely looney yet!
Anyone else want to corroborate this?
This will confirm your theory:

[url]http://arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15993&highlight=Draken+Malhavoc[/URL]

I have seen this with my wacko species many many times. If they think YOU are the substrate, they aren't going to bite!!:rolleyes:

Whoop, you'll have to cut and paste, there are charachters in the link that create a smiley and I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Always great fun, bringing up dead threads ...
WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? YOU DON'T LIKE OLD THREADS? WELL I'LL JUST HAVE TO RE-TYPE THE WHOLE THING THEN!!

JUST KIDING!!
I'm practicing to be mean for when I hold my new h. schmiti tonight!;) Yeah right, like I have the guts!!!:(

Did I sound mean? Am I convincing anybody?

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does this count?

Raul is actually quite the gentleman...more shy than defensive, so I feel a little like I am cheating!

Attachments