Crawfish

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So my sister and brother-in-law went on a hike about 6 months ago and caught a bunch of craw fish... well one of them had babbies so i took 5 of the little ones off their hands.. they so cute to watch and fight over food.. here they are..

Last edited:

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love crayfish. I had bred a tropical species. They are excellent and very educational pets. Good luck with them.

Tom

sammyp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very cute! I'm breeding blue crayfish at work at the moment. Any idea what species yours are?

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cool stuff, but these guys are definitely spineless. I'd love to keep those big blue Australian ones at some point.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have no idea what speices thease are.. still doing a little research on them.

hah i know these are spineless, but there's no real other place to post about them :wall:

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
may i say the season is almost over for them down here and thats anamazing bummer...not to be weird but they are amazingly tasty!

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
may i say the season is almost over for them down here and thats anamazing bummer...not to be weird but they are amazingly tasty!
hahah ohh yes that's the reson my brother-in-law caught them in the first place, was to eat them! they are very good:drool: , but then they became sort of his pets
:rolleyes:

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hrm, well, these don't actually have spines, but I dunno what other category they'd go into.

I've eaten plenty of these, and kept a couple in part of a local wildlife tank. When I got my european legless lizard she went into that tank. I thought she'd ignore them, but she caught and ate them all.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hrm, well, these don't actually have spines, but I dunno what other category they'd go into.

I've eaten plenty of these, and kept a couple in part of a local wildlife tank. When I got my european legless lizard she went into that tank. I thought she'd ignore them, but she caught and ate them all.
i had these with an african dwarf frog, and watched them clsoely to make sure that they would hurt him(he is a pretty big one) i came home and he was eating one of the crayfish that was twice his size!!! so now i need to take him out lol

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha I love the little guys too, my friend owns a few. she lets them walk on her hand in the water its cute.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nuttin wierd bout that lol If man wasnt intended to wat crawfish they wouldnt look like lobsters...
AND i know its officially spelled crayfish but that sounds so gay

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These guys are great! :D Camping a few summers ago we caught quite a few in our traps (as well as wading around with a net and a flashlight ;)), and one seemed just too small to eat -- so I put him in a tank and kept him as a pet. His name was Mr. Tasty and he molted once while I had him.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
These guys are great! :D Camping a few summers ago we caught quite a few in our traps (as well as wading around with a net and a flashlight ;)), and one seemed just too small to eat -- so I put him in a tank and kept him as a pet. His name was Mr. Tasty and he molted once while I had him.
LOL@Mr. Tasty