Crassicrus lamanai ? (belize cinnamon)

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I picked this girl up from a local pet store I read that these are as docile as a rosie but that couldnt be more wrong with this one I have she does nothing but threat posture and strike at any movement in or around her enclosure. She is a very pretty silky velvet looking brown but her attitude makes her ugly lol j/k but wow! Is this possibly because shes probaly a wild caught specimen her aggression level is higher?

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i doubt it. I handled them straight from digging them out of their burrow in the field.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Even docile species have a few individuals that get grumpy - - you apparently got a grump. Enjoy it, just don't handle it :eek:

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is a lovely looking species...They look (and usually act) as sweet as a brown cuddly teddy bear. Too bad yours is like a grizzly. :confused:

As you sure it is what they labelled it as? Do you have pics?

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i doubt it. I handled them straight from digging them out of their burrow in the field.
I agree with Eddy. If anything I've found them shy and reclusive never defensive: both my captive specimens and those in the field.

It sounds like you just got her and tried to handle her right away. Let her settle in for a while and see how she reacts.

Ollie

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ive had her for a while but she still is very defensive and shes def a belize cinnamon shes about 7 yrs old and shes been nasty simce ive had her

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My girl is a bit defensive. She is more prone to just run off than to throw up a threat display so I just leave her alone. She definitely prefers it.

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My girl is skiddish but not that defensive. I bred her last year, she ate the male but never got a sac :mad:. She was aggressive toward the male also. I would like to get a male again and breed them to get some CB slings in the hobby:D.