crappy webcam pics of one of my curly slings from Holley

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
crappy webcam pics but........they are getting BIG!!
this sling moulted into 6th instar on Jan. 17 and has eaten 2 or 3 crickets since moult...

i think its cool you can see its little eyes reflecting in a pic or two...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
coolness!
some of mine are that big also, they just seem HUGE to me LOL
What's really funny is that the 2nd instar P murinus slings are *almost* the same legspan as the curly babies.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a question..........does anyone think that since all of these slings were "born" at the same time and some are noteably larger than others.......that the larger ones are probably males since they mature faster???:?
is there any credibility to this statement??

EDIT: nevermind ill start a new thread on this question....

Last edited:

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
so cute!!!!

little teensy curly s'ling! tell me, how hard are they to feed? compared to that penny it looks SO small...like it would be a cricket lunch.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rapunzel.....i have been feeding them 2 week crickets.....so actually the spiders are bigger than the crickets and they take them down with relative ease!!
they arent hard to care for...just keep the substrate from drying out and feed em plenty...the little crickets stink like the big ones do if you keep enough of them (i bought 40 this last time out and they stink).....im hoping that petsmart will get in some more real small mealworms so i can try those.....not as nasty as the crickets..but so far when i have tried to feed the slings cut up (larger) mealworms they didnt really want to eat them...