craigslist tarantula

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I found this on craigslist and was wondering what you all think about it..:?

This desert bohemoth is a gargantuan favorite that couldn't be easier to care for. this one is usually very tender, docile, & slow moving, once in hand. She may serve as either a flaming exclamation point to your display collection, or as your one, memorable eye-catcher. A desert species, it requires very little attention and thrives in low humidity environments. A wonderfully colorful species that I have raised since she was 3/4 inch long. She is a great display tarantula, she is always out of her hide.
Brachypelma boehmei is a beautiful species of Brachypelma. Their patellae, tibiae, and metatarsi are covered with red setae while their their tarsi and femurs are black. They are very good eaters! B. boehmei should be kept in a terrestrial environment. A hide and water bowl are mandatory, Size: 5 to 5.5 inches when fully grown
Temperature: 75° to 80° Fahrenheit
She comes with her 10 gal tank, lid, locks, water dish, hide, and 5 B.dubia for future meals. You will not be disapointed with this Tarantula!
For everything 150.00

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Seems like the person knows what they are doing so it is likely healthy. If it is a proven female the price is good. I have never heard that common name but common names are in ample supply and useless anyways. I enjoy the species but mine is a pissy kicker so I have no experience with a "tender" boehmei lol.
Personally if it was a girl and I didn't already have one I would probably get it.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Up here a 1.5" female goes for around $150 so I would think if she is even a bit bigger than that, in the states that would still be a really good price.

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
May I ask what section you found her under? They are pretty flag happy around here.

Dexity

Arachnopeon
I have one of these, it actually kicks hair with two back legs at once, I would not call him a sweetheart, or gargantuan....

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's Craigslist,offer them $90....................We have gotten some unbelievable deals on Craigslist by just throwing a dollar amount out there to the seller.....Worst they can say is no....

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thats a pretty steep price imo. You could get a female for 125 on the boards. The cage and stuff should be free. IMO hes trying to get every dime its worth..

HankyPankyRoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I check Craigs List every other day and I've never seen a T listed. I've posted before, and within an hour its flagged and gone. It irritates the crap outta me.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
you would still have do get all the trimmings to go with it, I dont think 150 is that bad, I havent seen any around at that size thats any cheaper

k2power

Arachnoknight
I have gotten 3 tarantulas this fall on CL: B. smithi, B. emilia, L. parahybana. I think 150 is no great deal and you could possibly find a better deal putting a wanted listing somewhere. The lack of shipping risk is nice though. As another person suggested....haggle. My smithi and emilia were 100 total with decent cages, so better deals could be found.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Wow, that's incredible. 4'' sexed females cost about 28 dollars here (CBB). But well, it is a national species, hehe.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats a dealers price. Ive seen a few females in the last 4 months for 125$
Difference of 25$, and this guy is including the tank. Plus--no shipping.
I'd do it in a heartbeat, just get a good look at her before buying.