Craigslist haul

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
Today I made a craigslist haul, a risky one at that. The particular individual I was dealing with was very novice in that he only knew what he had based off the common name and that's it. I ended up acquiring a 3 inch Pampho sp. that I'm assuming to be machala because of the common name "purple starburst bird eater" and it looks like P. sp machala. Also got a 2.5 inch P. muticus which was nice seeing as this is as well established juvie given its glacial growth rate. There was a "blue footed baboon" that I took a chance on hoping it was H. pulchripes, only it for it to turn out being I. mira. A little disappointed at first, but after researching and doing some digging I'm still pretty happy and excited about the purchase. Finally, I acquired a "tri-color" scorpion which I knew was a Opistophthalmus, but I'm unsure as to which one it is. All in all it was too good a deal to pass up, he said he "couldn't find the cages for them" so he gave them to me in essentially just transfer containers, although the way he was describing the P. muticus I'm failry certain they were just being housed in these small enclosures. Just finished transferring everyone to their new enclosures, here's some pics I took during the rehousings, enjoy! My collection now sits at 15 T's, 1 scorp, and 1 snake :cool:

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I have scored so many good deals off of Craigslist. Especially from people who have no clue what they have or have no business keeping certain species. Nice grab.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
he "couldn't find the cages for them"
Omg, I feel guilty for laughing out loud when I read that, it's pretty sad actually.
Good score! Added bonus, you probably did the entire hobby a favor by taking those off his incompetent hands.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
he said he "couldn't find the cages for them"
What? How does that happen? Were they just all chilling on his living room sofa or something? Aren't they supposed to be...I don't know...LIVING in the cages?

I believe he really said that, because it's too stupid for someone to make up. Thank you for taking the animals away from this person.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I got my first OBT like that. In a full set up. For free. CL Adoption essentially

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
What? How does that happen? Were they just all chilling on his living room sofa or something? Aren't they supposed to be...I don't know...LIVING in the cages?

I believe he really said that, because it's too stupid for someone to make up. Thank you for taking the animals away from this person.
He had them in these smaller enclosures, I believe he was trying to make it seem as if he just had them in there temporarily to sell to me, because when I agreed to purchase these he said “I’ll even throw in their enclosures with them”. Then when I got there and was looking them over he said “I couldn’t find their enclosures, so I threw in some extra dirt and cork bark sorry about that”. Lol, very clear to me he was pretty inexperienced. The little cube, acrylic enclosure he had the 2.5 inch P. muticus in was sooooo small and barley any substrate. He then proceeded to tell me to “watch out for this one when you go to feed it, it always tries to escape”. Some people lol

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
the substrate in the photos looks too chunky as well
Oh it was terrible, he had the Pamphobeteus sp. on wood chips essentially!! Don’t worry, that wasn’t their new substrate or homes, with their new substrate they were all given coco fiber with plenty of depth to burrow their hearts out and they were given actual enclosures to make home, not dinky little boxes that the spider (or scorpion) never got settled into.