Cowardly A. avic

thought

Arachnopeon
I thought I would share my moment of shame. Just finished feeding my Ts. Had tossed a cricket at the entrance of my avic's tube web and moved on to feed the rest. Went to check on my avic's assumed victory to find that the cricket now resides as king of the tube web and my avic is outside of it. It's made a couple attempts to retake it's castle but upon contacting the cricket made a hasty retreat.

/shame

Can only pray that my avic manages to salvage the small pieces of it's shattered dignity.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would remove the cricket. Avics, along with most other species will not eat or even think about it if they are nearing a molt. If you avic molt before that cricket dies on it's own, you T may fall prey to the cricket instead. So I'd remove the cricket, and try again in a few days. Good luck.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would remove the cricket your T will not eat or even think about it if it's nearing a molt.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
lol? It has nothing to do with dignity (not that T's have any), the tarantula just doesn't wanna eat, possibly preparing for a molt.

thought

Arachnopeon
Haha yes of course. The cricket was removed shortly after the post. Of course it wasn't a matter of dignity. Sorry if I implied in some way that I was at all serious with it. At the time, I was enjoying the interaction, it wasn't one I've seen before and was amused by the irony of it all. Thinking of it in the way I did while making the OP only played on that irony more, imo.

Anyways, I too concluded that it's approaching a molt (HURRAY! Been waiting in order to confirm sex). The reason I didn't remove the cricket sooner was because I was hoping that eventually the cricket would leave the web. I didn't want to destroy portions of it to coerce the cricket out. Instead, the cricket sat at the lower entrance and just took the T touching it and running away. Didn't move at all really. Was weird.

So cricket was fed to a scorpion.