COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
"The researchers proposed bats as the most likely reservoir for SARS-CoV-2 as it is very similar to a bat coronavirus. There are no documented cases of direct bat-human transmission, however, suggesting that an intermediate host was likely involved between bats and humans."

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I thought it was most likely a pangolin
I think a theory, for SARS coronavirus also, was that the intermediate vector was a food animal, like a pig, that ate bat feces/a dead bat, or that a predator species, like a civet, ate a bat. Pangolins work also.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm laying the blame squarely on cross dressing cassowary courtship rituals. Which if you think about it is just as relevant. Shee-it happens. Mom natures bag of tricks is unfathomably deep.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I'm laying the blame squarely on cross dressing cassowary courtship rituals. Which if you think about it is just as relevant. Shee-it happens. Mom natures bag of tricks is unfathomably deep.
"The funny thing about mother nature is she tends to disguise her weakness as strengths"

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
"The funny thing about mother nature is she tends to disguise her weakness as strengths"
I view her as the Hindu triumverate. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, as all three qualities and intrinsically bound in the web of life. There really is no strength or weakness in any of the aspects, just the turning of the cycles as one gives way to the next.