Couple dead Crotalus atrox (Diamondbacks)

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah chocolate cupcakes and turtle piles I thought that was you sorry. I got a warning for saying "long gay and boring" so you better too.

Sorry I happen to frequent these boards when im high on crack if you haven't noticed.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Well, if the powers-that-be say I warrant a warning, then I'll take it and offer my apologies to them. I've never had a reputation as a trouble maker amongst the communities I frequent on the 'net, and I do not intend to start here. However, as far as using the phrases you used, it is only fair to point out that I used it in a different context. In other words, I didn't sling it out as an insult to someone's opinion, ya know? After all, you did make that claim, and you did say you didn't read my post. Thus my use of quotation marks.
I had decided to take the high road and not mention it and go along as if it had never been posted, as I've not been spoiling for some kind of flame war. But I decided to mention it after you decided to take another shot after I pretty much had shut up on the matter.

Ted, it's collagen injections and a dye job. No big whoop.:D

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Too bad on the snakes but 3 is a drop in the ocean when compared to TX roundups that are a annually event
Hopefully it will stop before they run out of snakes to roundup.

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Although I am not thrilled that the workers killed those snakes; I do understand. People that kill a snake that they stumble across are trying to protect family or personal safety. I'm not expecting everybody to understand that all snakes, including venomous, are good and have a purpose. I do my part to educate as many as I can. However, the roundups are the problem. What other animal do we collect and slaughter for public entertainment?

W. Smith

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
True on the bulls but we don't do that in America. I think that is against the law. I'm not so sure on the fishing competitions. I thought many of those where catch and release.

Last edited:

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when the rattlers are all gone and the rodents take over i will sit back and laugh. --those morons cant justify killing those atrox

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wonder how they killed the snakes if they had no tools or shovels or even a stick to move them with?

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wonder how they killed the snakes if they had no tools or shovels or even a stick to move them with?
Ok, Ill explain again. These guys have no experience handling venomous snakes. I believe all three snakes were killed with a garden hoe my aunt happened to have in her Tahoe. Even if they had decided to try and move them using the garden hoe, they wouldnt have known how to go about it, and could have put any one of them in danger.

But for the record, can you please explain to us how to move a 5+ foot Crotalus atrox with a stick?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well first you find a long stick like around 2 or so metres then you gently "hook" the snake with it and pray it doesn't freak out. If said snake doesn't freak out you carry the snake, on the stick out into the open and find a safe pace to drop it off. then you repeat the procedure with the second snake....

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well first you find a long stick like around 2 or so metres then you gently "hook the snake with it and pray it doesn't freak out. If said snake doesn't freak out you carry the snake, on the stick out into the open and find a safe pace to drop it off. then you repeat the procedure with the second snake....
LOL! I dont think we even have trees taller than 2 meters. And I sure wish I could get an atrox to hang out on a stick while I carried around. I have a hard enough time with a hook and tongs. :rolleyes:

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Only wimps use sticks. Real men grab the snake with their bare hands and put it in a pail and relocate it.