Countdown to Moulting

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
947
It looks as though Pandora is starting to get closer and closer to moulting. It would figure she'd be doing this right before I have some major Exams at school. Chances are she'll molt when I'm away as well cheating me out of my first experience with this momentous occasion. Her rump is really starting to swell and go bald. She's also hanging out near the base of her tank next to her water dish more.
 

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
1,571
Hmm...my avic certainly locked herself up in her web a couple of weeks before she molted.
 

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
947
Originally posted by Vys
Hmm...my avic certainly locked herself up in her web a couple of weeks before she molted.
I think she may be in the beginning stages. She's still eating and everything but is she ever getting really fat and her rump is starting to look like a shaved Kiwi Fruit.
 

Aboreal Rayne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 7, 2003
Messages
58
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
It looks as though Pandora is starting to get closer and closer to moulting. It would figure she'd be doing this right before I have some major Exams at school. Chances are she'll molt when I'm away as well cheating me out of my first experience with this momentous occasion. Her rump is really starting to swell and go bald. She's also hanging out near the base of her tank next to her water dish more.
Huh,
That's wierd, I had never heard of anyone else naming thier tarantula Pandora, My Pandora is a P. Fascata. Small world - or maybe too many spiders not enough names?;P It must be molt time for many of us, as Pandora did molt about two days ago. She's now a whopping 4 inches, from a little over two and half.
I love this spider and is one of my favorites, along woth my P. Miranda's...
 

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
947
Re: Re: Countdown to Moulting

Originally posted by Aboreal Rayne
Huh,
That's wierd, I had never heard of anyone else naming thier tarantula Pandora, My Pandora is a P. Fascata. Small world - or maybe too many spiders not enough names?;P It must be molt time for many of us, as Pandora did molt about two days ago. She's now a whopping 4 inches, from a little over two and half.
I love this spider and is one of my favorites, along woth my P. Miranda's...
Wow! Yours is named Pandora as well? It really is a small world. ;):D My gut instinct is telling me my Pandora is ready to molt but I'm also trying not to jump the gun because she hasn't constructed a web yet. But perhaps she's just in the beginning stages before constructing her web. I'll just have to wait and see.
 

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
947
I'm going to find going to school very hard tomorrow. I just hate leaving my babies unattended for even 2 hours. I'll be gone all day tommorrow. :( It will be a torturously long day for me.
 
Top