Could you take a look again...

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
... and tell me is this actually a Pink Zebra Beauty? This is the healthy one I got with the injured one. She is SO DANG MEAN!! Almost got a fang in me a couple of times already - she actually lunges and jumps! And talk about eat? This girl puts down the food like there is no tomorrow. I saw a pic at KJ's tarantulas of a Brazilian Salmon that looks a bit like my PZB.
http://members.aol.com/thevez2/Advanced.html
I have a tiny baby Salmon but have never seen an adult up close myself and the pictures I've seen labled as Brazilian Salmons have been of THREE different looking spiders. So, any input on this would be appreciated - this spider is actually SCARING me. Seems that the longer I have her, the fatter she gets and the meaner she gets.

Gail

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gail...

...apparently, your pic of the unidentified spider is cropped too short, showing only the abdomen and some of the forelegs, thus making itunidentifiable except to an an advanced hobbyist.
:(
Would you mind posting another?

John

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Perhaps it is like that "up close" thing in Reptiles. What do we win if we get it right? :)

Cheers,
Dave

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
OK you smarty pants ;P I didn't even know that this actually posted last night as I kept having problems with it. And I'm still having problems now - so if this reply posts twice, well, double DUH :8o :8o The original pic is in my thread "Baby Got Back" and it won't let me load it up again in this one.

Gail

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
It is probably a size restriction. Your Baby Got Back thread picture was about as big overall as the little bit of this one. Try reducing the size and posting again.

Cheers,
Dave

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I just took another picture which shows her better anyway :D

Gail

P.S. as I took the lid off to take the pic she lunged at me and I had to feed her AGAIN after her photo shoot because I couldn't get the lid near the container without her trying to leap at it until she had a nice fat superworm to distract her!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Gail,

Supermodels get millions for photo-shoots. Relatively speaking, you're dealing with an inexpensive employee. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally I'd rather see the photos of the T's... even the Asian species have less attitude than the average super model.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Answer for Gail.....

Yes that's a E campestratus ( pink zebra beauty ) as for it being willing to bite I have heard of others that were that way as well. It seems they aren't always the teddy bears they're made out to be.
Phil

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
POOP!! My luck that I get 2 adult female PZB - one is all busted up and the other one wants to bust ME up LOL :D
Ah, I can only hope that she will mellow. She is a fresh import. The babies I got at the same time are doing quite nicely and I know that at least one of them is going to be a real sweety - when I change it from dirty vial to clean vial it will just play dead and lay upside down, a tiny little speck, in the palm of my hand :)
Thanks for the positive ID Phil and Dave, I must argue your point - what if it's a SKELETON tarantula, he he he, I just couldn't pass that one up, corny as it is...

Gail

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OK, now I get it.... for a moment, there, that went swiftly over my haid...:D

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Wow..

wow, go to Prehistoric Pets and look under there Rhechosticta seemanni ,, zebra knee and look how close yours and theres is... Still makes ya wonder??? :? :cool:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Looks just like my PZB female. But, these guys all do have different personalities, as I have a WC female G.rosea that acts a lot like an Usumbara, though she has yet to get so mad that she does the back-flip. She will even try to kill my tongs. Hopefully she may mellow and adjust to moving to the USA