Could You Do It?

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
No, too risky of a place to crash into it. I have some shelves right there and I'd definitely do that reaching for something or reaching for the wrong shelf as I have done before in bed.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Mine are on my desk about 3’ away. I have one MM currently that makes a bit of a racket every night.

ghostly

Arachnopeon
I mean, if my P. regalis was just sitting on my bedside table next to my alarm clock I think I wouldn't have the most relaxed night of my life.
Nah seriously, as long as they're in closed containers I don't see a problem. I slept in the same room as my T collection for almost 3 years. I never had them right next to my pillow, but on a shelf a few feet away from my bed. (Now that I think about it - when I still had a loft bed in the shared apartment i used to live in, both the T shelf and my ball python were technically UNDER the bed. So there you have it, I'm the one arachnoboards member that literally kept inverts and reptiles under their bed.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
All my inverts share the room with me anyway, but on the opposite corner of my bed. I could sleep next to the tarantulas and most of my other inverts no problem. What I couldn't sleep next to are the large roaches, large beetle larvae (especially when they start wandering to pick a pupation spot), and large caterpillars and moths. They're already loud enough to wake me up from across the room. They're so noisym

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It wouldn't bother me, but it's not really safe to have them that close, as I toss and turn a lot and would probably knock enclosures over in my sleep.

I do have my dubia colony in the bedroom. It sounds a little bit like the ocean at night...soothing.

DancingHare

Arachnopeon
My Ts are in my room, but not right next to my head. They are on a bookshelf, and I never hear them at night. The red runners I sometimes hear scurrying, but they're not very loud. I wouldn't mind them being closer, but I'd be concerned with disturbing them with my moving/getting up etc.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I have comfortably slept with a H.Macquariensis only 1ft away from my head and crickets playing a full on rock concert at the end of my bed. Unless they are in my bed itself, I think I can safely say I will sleep through any invertebrate cacophony

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
Not 1 foot away from my head, but my C.Versicolor lives in my bedroom. She sits out or wanders around most of the time, and it's sort of nice to watch her while I'm waking up in the morning.

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
Stupid question probably, but if the Ts did get out while in a bedroom would they seek us out for warmth? When my corn snake got out I immediately found him under the furnace 'cause it was warm.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
We did it for a few days! Our air conditioner broke Friday night and the techs couldn't get out until Tuesday to fix it. Luckily we keep an old portable a/c around for this kind of thing. Temps were in the 100s that weekend but our bedroom was nice and cool. We had to move all 20 tarantulas, the scorpions, millipedes, and a handful of other inverts and reptiles into the room with us. It was PACKED!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
All of the T’s are within 5 feet from my bed. Doesn’t bother me. Even if they did make noise, wouldn’t bother me either.

Sleeping is very easy when you’re deaf. :)

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I suffer from insomnia, but that is not the tarantulas faut!

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Could you sleep with your head next to your tarantulas or other invertebrates?
At my old place I ran out of space in my invert room. so when I got my female Stromatopelma calceatum I put her on the night stand next to my bed. So to answer your question; Yes, literally next my head.