Could someone ID these scorpions?

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If anyone can identify these that be awesome. These are the four scorpions i got for free for getting the irminia and regalis!!!
They came labeled as

CG

TA(i know that these get darker as the get older, and end up black)

BJ

TS(Dude told me that when it hits maturity it produces offspring without mating. If there's any truth to that i do not know)

Last edited:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would assume the BJ is Babycurus jacksoni. That's all the help I can offer on that though.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A scorpion that's asexual? I'm not sure about that but I've never kept them nor had interest so maybe but I would call foul on that statement :)

Last edited by a moderator:

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The term is actually parthenogenic, not asexual. Similar though in the sense that it is reproducing without male assistance. The female basically clones herself in her babies... Cool huh?

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The term is actually parthenogenic, not asexual. Similar though in the sense that it is reproducing without male assistance. The female basically clones herself in her babies... Cool huh?
Very cool and yes I see now asexual isn't the proper term.. I was thinking more of plant/fungi/algae..

Is this true though Skippy that some scorps can do this? If so I must read up.. I've heard of species of frogs that will change sex during their life cycle so if there are no males females will essentially become males to help support the population but have never heard of an arachnidia that did that.

PM if you have some info if you have time if this is true as I really would like to read up.

Thanks mate!

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very enlightening and off to read up..

Thanks again and sorry for the hijack OP :)

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The CG = Centruroides gracilis.

TS=Tityus stigmurus

BJ=Babycurus Jacksoni

TA=Tityus asthenes

Last edited by a moderator:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
kinda crazy freebies

you bought medium end tarantulas and got super high end toxic scorpions that were not very well identified

the Tityus have one hell of a sting, watch out. the Babycurus is moderately toxic but not much of a killer. the CG could be moderately toxic if it is the island morph.