Could some snakes cause PSE?

beanb142002

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am just wondering if it would be possible for a brightly colored patterned snake such as some of the milkshakes to induce an episode of PSE (photosensitive epilepsy) in an epileptic?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Low frequency oscillation, flickering, is the most common visual trigger of PSE which would be unusual for a snake to reproduce. Of course, anything may trigger an episode and what may be a trigger should be worked out between the individual and an expert. Like many other tests of suspected triggers it wouldn't be all that difficult to have a suspect animal present during an EEG session.

Last edited:

beanb142002

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Low frequency oscillation, flickering, is the most common visual trigger of PSE which would be unusual for a snake to reproduce. Of course, anything may trigger an episode and what may be a trigger should be worked out between the individual and an expert. Like many other tests of suspected triggers it wouldn't be all that difficult to have a suspect animal present during an EEG session.
Thanks for the reply. I am not an epileptic btw but thought of this scenario of when I was at a Repticon show for the first time with tables of various color morph corns, milks, and kings. My mind was doing donuts processing all the colors

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It is interesting speculation. Similar to sleuthing causes of anaphylaxis without the direct physiological responses.

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
This will give you an idea of what might set someone off:
For full enjoyment, full screen it and turn off all the lights around the room. Do notice the warning at the start of the video.
PS, if you don't like the music, just lower the volume and enjoy the light show.
:)