could she be ready to molt?

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi

i have a B. boehmei sling about an inch long, she has a really good shelter which she dug out under a piece of cork bark. SO good infact i have haven't actually seen her yet :D (i have only had it for a week or so) any way, today i have noticed that she has piled ther vermiculitei use as a substrate over her entrance to her burrow/cave and has basically sealed herself inside.

would you say she's getting ready to molt?

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow.... And you said that it just pushed substrate over the hole? I would think it would just web its self off...It might be a molt.. IM not sure, lets wait and see what everyone else hast to say

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's possible. Most of my slings that have burrowed tend to seal up the burrow with substrate prior to a moult. And, fwiw, both of my B. boehmi slings were among those that demonstrated this behavior.

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok thx :)
i'll stop offering crickets until i see the entrance open again then i think

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My G. pulchra just did the same thing. It stayed under for about 10 days. It molted. It is aprox. 1 1/4".

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B_boehmei also did this in her younger days. Here is a pic of her and the barricade she put up in her den. I took a nightshot so that you could actually see her.

Attachments