Could my husband Rosehaired be dying

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was wondering if a Rosehaired puts her legs underneatrh her body does this mean she is going to die. She just molted about 2 weeks ago and he looked at her and she had her legs underneath her body. I am unsure if she stills has them that way.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Could you get a picture of her? That would really help! Has she eaten? Have you tried feeding her? Did she have enough humidity for a successful molt?:?

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She is out of Crickets we have been feeding them grasshoppers,moths,etc i am going to go get her some crickets tomorrow or this afternoon because i have no way to get to the place to get them. Everything has been fine she had a successful molt nothing i can tell went wrong.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by rosehaired1979
She is out of Crickets we have been feeding them grasshoppers,moths,etc i am going to go get her some crickets tomorrow or this afternoon because i have no way to get to the place to get them. Everything has been fine she had a successful molt nothing i can tell went wrong.
It sounds like she could possibly be dehydrated. Does she have a bowl of water about the width of her legspan? Are you giving her DISTILLED water? Even if you've had a bowl of water in there, you might try finding a very shallow bowl (almost a plate) and putting some distilled water in it. Also, go to the drugstore and buy some unflavored Pedialite. Maybe put about 1/2 a capful into the water and then put the tarantula on top of it (rigtht side up). Make sure it's not too deep. To be on the safe side, you might even want to position the abdomen off the edge so no moisture will end up in the booklungs. (I've managed to save a couple curling up spiders this way).

Also, where are you getting the bugs to feed her? If you're catching them in the wild, there is always the risk of insecticide poisoning.

Good luck helping her. :)

Wysi