Could i use this for my t's?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I definetly wouldnt use anything toxic like gasoline. there are alot of residual chemicals in it. Put it this way. have you ever spilled gasoline on your clothes? If you have then you would smell it even after you washed it 5 times. pretty sure its not safe. not too sure about paint. you might be able to use non toxic paint. My guess is that if spiders can live on the wall of my house outside than its ok. Beware it could still possibly kill ur T. Ive never tried using anything painted.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with the above post.. About the gas.. That IMO is a stupid risk for your animals.. I mean.. You can hand sculpt the foam.. You can paint it with acrylic... Its non-toxic..

Here.. Check this channel on youtube out..
http://www.youtube.com/lizardlandscapes

I have seen some of his videos.. Alot of the landscapes look amazing..
He even has one in there that you can do for your tarantula.. Its like a swamp like tree with roots & hide.. Its pretty neat..

*Edit* Here is the one that he has made for either a leapord gecko or a tarantula..
I really like this.. If I had the skills.. I would give it a try.. Remember though.. Anytime you do something like this you need to be sure to let it fully dry..

Here is the link to that video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgsjbdA6464

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thanks for the links Redneck!! That video " bearded dragon- a day in the life" is hilarious!! Man i gotta try my hand at some sculpting and painting. Im Feeling a H. Gigas waterfall tank in the making... :cool:

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
I agree with the above post.. About the gas.. That IMO is a stupid risk for your animals.. I mean.. You can hand sculpt the foam.. You can paint it with acrylic... Its non-toxic..

Here.. Check this channel on youtube out..
http://www.youtube.com/lizardlandscapes

I have seen some of his videos.. Alot of the landscapes look amazing..
He even has one in there that you can do for your tarantula.. Its like a swamp like tree with roots & hide.. Its pretty neat..

*Edit* Here is the one that he has made for either a leapord gecko or a tarantula..
I really like this.. If I had the skills.. I would give it a try.. Remember though.. Anytime you do something like this you need to be sure to let it fully dry..

Here is the link to that video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgsjbdA6464
i wouldn't use the gasoline anyway id hand sculpt i know the risks of gasoline, i was just wondering if the Styrofoam material would be safe, sorry i didnt clarify that in the beginning.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
i wouldn't use the gasoline anyway id hand sculpt i know the risks of gasoline, i was just wondering if the Styrofoam material would be safe, sorry i didnt clarify that in the beginning.
yeah the styrofoam is totally fine. as long as you didnt use chemicals on it no problem. Check out those links redneck posted. im goin to have to get in on this real quick too. :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wasnt trying to imply that you would.. I was just saying what I thought.. Hence why I added "IMO"...

If you happen to try the method in the links I offered.. Be sure to take some pictures of it.. It would deff. be worth looking at IMO..

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
I wasnt trying to imply that you would.. I was just saying what I thought.. Hence why I added "IMO"...

If you happen to try the method in the links I offered.. Be sure to take some pictures of it.. It would deff. be worth looking at IMO..
deffinatly will if i try this!