could i get an id?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think i know what it is but i'm not sure....
had it for about 5-6 years...i think its female not too sure though
the cup in the picture is a 2 ounce condiment cup so you can get a size reference.

here is a couple pics on moult mat

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like a blue phase Aphonopelma seemani to me. Or some dark form. I suck at Iding Ts though.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Definately not Aphonopelma seemanni; just in case, does it have rusty orange spinnerets?

It does seem to have an Aphonopelma spp. or Acanthoscurria spp. feel to it though.. I could be wrong, I've never seen this T before. Sorry. Where'd you get it?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Definately not Aphonopelma seemanni
How could you say definately not but then say this.......
:confused:
It does seem to have an Aphonopelma spp.
I readly admit I suck at Iding random Ts. But blue phase seemanni and or a dark form look very similar to this one. I am always wrong though when it comes to this, its my big weakness.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Because Aphonopelma seemanni has rusty orange spinnerets and have an orange pale underside, which I don't see. That is 100% way of Iding A.seemanni. I was saying definately not to seemanni, not Aphonopelma. I really should start to clarify more on my posts...:?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I'll have to look a bit longer to give you a better idea.

It's def not A. seemani. Underside is the same color as rest of the body.

-Sean

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Novak is right, it is definitely not an A. seemani. :) All you have to do is look at the included moulting pictures to see that it is quite black ventrally. I'm sorry that I don't have a guess as to what it might be.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll have to look a bit longer to give you a better idea.

It's def not A. seemani. Underside is the same color as rest of the body.

-Sean
Novak is right, it is definitely not an A. seemani. :) All you have to do is look at the included moulting pictures to see that it is quite black ventrally. I'm sorry that I don't have a guess as to what it might be.
Ok, I got a side question. Both of you spelled "seemanni" with 1 "n", I always thought it was 2 "n"s, and after a quick search I find that many spell it with two and one. So which is it?

Back on topic, wow moose, you stumped us..

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea its not A. seemani. i know that for sure. i've included a booty pic for reference. thanks for helping me out with this guys. she's been a mystery for me for way tooo long.
as for where i got her...i have no clue. its sad but i really don't remember.

and here is they booty pic

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm sure someone will pop in with some good information on this T, it's a beautiful T even without an ID though!:clap:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thank you novak...she is my favorite by far out of mine. she is soo funny to watch. she refuses to have a burrow. i give her something to use as a hide and she just buries it.

moose

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thank you novak...she is my favorite by far out of mine. she is soo funny to watch. she refuses to have a burrow. i give her something to use as a hide and she just buries it.

moose
Haha, sounds like my little Grammostola aureostriata. I hope she can be IDed soon, so I can look into buying one of these oddballs. :D

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok i agree she looks like a Lasiodorides striatus. but aren't they supposed to be pretty big? this girl is very small. i would assume its some kind of dwarf. just want to see if anyone has any other ideas.

moose

Orchidspider

Arachnopeon
I have a striatus and though they get about 7-8" mine is 5" and a slow grower, she is a slate blue with orange markings like yours. In fact I had a A. seemani but traded it when I got my striatus. Ive had my striatus for about 2years and she only molted this year, and not last year- so they take time. Mine also alows me to hold her at times, and she is not a flicker at all, thought sometimes gets flighty. She is a pretty docile spider on the whole, and definatly not an easy species to find. Look at your striatus in the sun light and you will see a really nice slate blue color, making this one of my favorite t's to own.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I saw the pics my first thought was: "Lasiodorides striatus" too.