Cotztetlana sp

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I got super tempted on getting a 2 inch juvenile female of one of these earlier this week, the only thing that stopped me is that the seller wanted 232 USD for her... I'm still thinking about it!
Is that a fair price or should I wait another few years for another one to show up?
I sold my one female for $300 so I’d say it’s probably a fair price, depending on the vendor. I’m always willing to shell out a little more if I know it’s coming from a good source, but I won’t take up good deals from bad businesses.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
All three slings ended up female, and have grown into healthy juvies! I actually ended up trading away a female for some slings of Cotztetlana sp “Guanajuato”. Unfortunately due to some packing issues there were 4 DOAs, and so I am now left with only 1 sling of Cotztetlana sp “Guanajuato”. I have also picked up 3 Cotztetlana omiltemi, however one of the slings has been struggling a lot, and has shown some abnormal white patches under the abdomen, so I suspect it may not make it as far.

Hopefully I can give more positive updates on the new species in the future, and I’ll try to get some new photos soon! The Puebla females are absolutely stunning now, and the back legs have started to really show.
Any updates on your other sp?

I have a sp morelos myself, but I'm eyeing some Puebla slings. ( I've read that there are multiple sp of undescribed Cotztetlana native to Puebla state so they may not be the same sp. )

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Any updates on your other sp?

I have a sp morelos myself, but I'm eyeing some Puebla slings. ( I've read that there are multiple sp of undescribed Cotztetlana native to Puebla state so they may not be the same sp. )
That last surviving Guanajuato unfortunately passed away a couple days after that post. The source I got them from seemed to be contaminated with some kind of fungus- the white patches I described on that omiltemi appeared across multiple specimens, and eventually ate through the exoskeleton, with some of the spiders dropping legs, slumping, twitching, etc. It was a really awful ordeal, but I managed to keep it from spreading past a couple specimens thankfully.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
That last surviving Guanajuato unfortunately passed away a couple days after that post. The source I got them from seemed to be contaminated with some kind of fungus- the white patches I described on that omiltemi appeared across multiple specimens, and eventually ate through the exoskeleton, with some of the spiders dropping legs, slumping, twitching, etc. It was a really awful ordeal, but I managed to keep it from spreading past a couple specimens thankfully.
Are the omiltemi of a size worth photographing yet?

CasualCoffee

Arachnopeon
Would love an update on how your Ts are doing and any observations about temperament/skittishness and how quick they are to kick hairs if at all!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
605A4DDC-449E-4A20-9CBD-F8A6B5A32E36.jpeg 63B78641-9FE0-4071-B51D-8A80E776D067.jpeg

My little omiltemi and what I suspect is my adult female sp “Puebla”

Apologies for the late update I kinda forgot about this thread for a while… as for kicking hairs and temperament, they’re a little skittish but I’ve never had them kick hairs. They’re much more inclined to quickly retreat to very very deep burrows instead.

ccb

Arachnopeon
No prob, I only stumbled on this thread yesterday. I just got some Cotztetlana sp Puebla slings (they are teeny tiny) and was wondering if yours had grown chaps. Looks like she doesn’t have her big girl pants yet? 😂

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies so far everyone, I remember back when you posted about getting yours @Sarkhan42 , was unsure if you were still active or not otherwise I would’ve just messaged you.

Grabbed some a little while ago and I’m excited to see them grow

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
No prob, I only stumbled on this thread yesterday. I just got some Cotztetlana sp Puebla slings (they are teeny tiny) and was wondering if yours had grown chaps. Looks like she doesn’t have her big girl pants yet? 😂
No she does! They aren’t quite as dramatic as the old worlds with thickened back legs, but she’s had them for a while now.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the replies so far everyone, I remember back when you posted about getting yours @Sarkhan42 , was unsure if you were still active or not otherwise I would’ve just messaged you.

Grabbed some a little while ago and I’m excited to see them grow
Good luck with them! I think you’ll enjoy them a lot.

Also I’m almost always lurking here, just depends on wether or not I have the energy to post. Always happy to DM though.

BigGee62

Arachnopeon
does anyone know as adults does this species burrow like the slings and juvies do?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
does anyone know as adults does this species burrow like the slings and juvies do?
If provided the space they absolutely do. Interestingly enough I'd classify them as dwarf species in actuality, my adult females only reached like 3-3.5".