CostaRica Zebra health bad or good?

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
i will not add another one on top it was an example of how stron is the platform, the platform is not pressured against the glass it has a space where it connot go through or stuck and i have a drill to make holes on the platfor to make top ventilation go to the bottom, they say its to tall then i fix it with shorting it down with a shorter roof, you explain please whats wrong with it now?, its like if you add a fence in the middle of the yard to separate your dog from deep pool
i just came for help, this exo terra is for tree frogs i just added this striped-knee for the meanwhile i buy the frogs
If you add considerable ventilation to the platform, I don't see why this wouldn't work as a short term solution. If this is temporary though, you will end up doing extra, unnecessary rehousing, which does stress a tarantula a bit. What is your long term/permanent solution when you move the spider out to make room for frogs? And why not just go for your final solution now instead of trying to cobble together something "for now" in the current exo-terra? Plastic critter keepers are cheap cheap cheap and make great enclosures for fossorial species like this one. You could spend ten bucks or so and end up with a very nice (not quite "display quality" but still nice) long term home.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i purchased this striped-knee yesterday, was the small so i got him/her its abdomen looks so small i just fed him 1 little dubia roach 2 crickets its on its second cricket but i dont know if it will get better or it needs to adjust to its new enclosure?
As people said, a arboreal enclosure is a very bad choice for a non arboreal tarantula. Go out to the city of Denver snd buy a plastic tub or similair, drill holes for ventilation and you will have a very cheap, very good enclosire!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I mean........you could always just hit up your local Walmart for a storage container but this definitely seems easier and more practical ;)

As people said, a arboreal enclosure is a very bad choice for a non arboreal tarantula. Go out to the city of Denver snd buy a plastic tub or similair, drill holes for ventilation and you will have a very cheap, very good enclosire!
Damn! You beat me to it by a few seconds!

Last edited by a moderator:

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
I know it's frustrating to come on the sub and have a million things you're doing wrong be pointed out . No one is trying to attack you , everyone here just want what's best for the spider . Really a simple tub from any store will probably solve all these issues :) the mods you have made are a step in the right direction though

cold blood

Staff member
I know it's frustrating to come on the sub and have a million things you're doing wrong be pointed out . No one is trying to attack you , everyone here just want what's best for the spider . Really a simple tub from any store will probably solve all these issu
agreed
the
mods you have made are a step in the right direction though
But not here...those mods are most certainly NOT a step in the right direction

fried rice

Arachnoknight
first of all it does have enough space for burrowing and i fixed the tall problem i made the hight shorter and secure, the pot is on the back side where the substrate is 7-8 in deep, have to have imagination to upgrade
Get a kritter keeper or a faunarium. They are probably the best enclosure for an aphonopelma seemanni. A large faunarium is 9.6 inches tall, you could fit up to 7 inches of substrate in it. An extra large kritter keepers can have 10 inches of substrate! D0A9C3CF-B778-4A95-8912-A071B4AE0540.jpeg

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
agreed

I just meant adding sub and attempting to reduce the height . I do agree with all of you that the whole enclosure needs to be changed but if they are not willing to change the enclosure at least adding some sub and sort of preventing a fall is better than nothing. But I probably should not encourage or give attention to any of it lol

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
If you add considerable ventilation to the platform, I don't see why this wouldn't work as a short term solution. If this is temporary though, you will end up doing extra, unnecessary rehousing, which does stress a tarantula a bit. What is your long term/permanent solution when you move the spider out to make room for frogs? And why not just go for your final solution now instead of trying to cobble together something "for now" in the current exo-terra? Plastic critter keepers are cheap cheap cheap and make great enclosures for fossorial species like this one. You could spend ten bucks or so and end up with a very nice (not quite "display quality" but still nice) long term home.
I know it's frustrating to come on the sub and have a million things you're doing wrong be pointed out . No one is trying to attack you , everyone here just want what's best for the spider . Really a simple tub from any store will probably solve all these issues :) the mods you have made are a step in the right direction though
agreed

i just switched it to a 10 gallon i got from petco i hope i hope the set up is a good permanent home and nothing is wrong with it this time

Attachments

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Switch out the hide you have with a piece of cork w/ starter burrow so the T can dig. Thank you for accepting our help.

Last edited:

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
I would say definitely not a mature male. This species is in fact very dimorphic, adult males are often mistaken for other species actually! They’re on the darker side and can have a purple tint to them.
Trying to ty for that information

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
Switch out the hide you have with a piece of cork w/ starter burrow so the T can dig. Thank you for accepting our help.
well idk if it makes a difference its a pot cut through the middle so it is just an antrance and it encourages to dig and burrow
On the larger side, but set up wise it is much better!
what do you mean? is it to big?