Costa Rican zebra (Stripe Knee) help!

bluedevil445

Arachnopeon
Hello I am new to to keeping tarantulas and I got my first last night. I think she is a female but I am not sure. Anyway I have read that they are terrestrial and that they are burrower but she does not seem to be trying to make a burrow. I have about 4" of bed a beast substrate in a ten gallon tank but all she does is sit there and it looks like she is cleaning her fangs. Am I doing something wrong or is she just stressed from the move? Thank you!

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, an A. seennami (costa rican zebra) is not that much of an obligated burrower. Also, just give her some time. It usually takes a T some time to get used to its new home. Give her a couple days and she may or may not burrow. I've had mine for almost 2 years and sometimes she burrows all over the place but sometimes she just stands there doing nothing. Also, they are nocturnal, meaning chances are they will burrow when you are sleeping at night.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well... I just got a sling A. seemanni, and it is a diging monster. It has a black spot on its rump(Sorry to change the subject) is it about to molt?But anyways, not all of them burrow, some of them just like to chill on the top. mine comes out of its hole(if you could call it that) and just sits there till I put food in.

hope this will help,

Hampton.;)