Corona Virus

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
So I am in Vancouver and there is an uncertain case of coronavirus in Toronto right now. It is uncertain that snakes are able to carry the Coronavirus. If my family or I gets the virus I am worried if it affects my snakes (and my family obviously lol) because I don't want to screw them over like that. So worst case scenario I get Corona, I obviously won't come into contact with my family or my pets, but is there anything special I can do to protect them? Thanks guys.

SpendoEndo

Arachnopeon
Maybe just keeping yourself secure and healthy because they're in your house so theirs no reason they would get it from anything else but you or the people in your house. Just be protected wear face masks and wash your hands plenty. News just broke of it in Los Angeles where i am from as well so I understand the worry. Be safe!

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
Maybe just keeping yourself secure and healthy because they're in your house so theirs no reason they would get it from anything else but you or the people in your house. Just be protected wear face masks and wash your hands plenty. News just broke of it in Los Angeles where i am from as well so I understand the worry. Be safe!
Thanks, and you too!

McGruder

Arachnopeon
On that note, does anyone have any advice for someone who might have to be hospitalized? In my case, I live alone. I've been thinking about what would happen to my hamorii if I ended up in the hospital. I know a few people who would be up for coming by to give her water, but I don't know how safe that would be for them. What would you guys do if you had to be hospitalized? Can T's survive a few weeks without water, or would she be in trouble? :(

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
T
On that note, does anyone have any advice for someone who might have to be hospitalized? In my case, I live alone. I've been thinking about what would happen to my hamorii if I ended up in the hospital. I know a few people who would be up for coming by to give her water, but I don't know how safe that would be for them. What would you guys do if you had to be hospitalized? Can T's survive a few weeks without water, or would she be in trouble? :(
T’s would be fine without food and water for a little while. Maybe just feed her a few more crickets than usual(typical holiday procedure) and maybe get a bigger bowl and they should be fine.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You can place a waterdish directly under a ventilation hole (or create a hole especially for this purpose) where a syringe fits through. This way, people can water spiders without opening an enclosure.

Veles

Arachnobaron
Ts can go on without food for months, a well-filled water dish will do just fine for 2-3 weeks period, maybe even more