Cormocephalus blue legs, black body price?

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey guys, I have the possibility to get centipedes that are black with neon pure blue legs. They are from Borneo and I suspect they are from the genus Cormocephalus. How much are they worth in your opinion, compared to others species? They are fairly large too (15 cm/ 6 inches)
Thanks

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty sure the pede you're talking about is actually a colour variant of Ethmostigmus rubripes. However, I've only heard of a few in captivity, so I imagine they would be quite expensive. We have this species here in Australia too. They come in a massive variety of colours across the country and can get to over 25cm in length.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Well, thanks, actually I didn't even think about the Ethmostigmus genus.. it adds up perfectly! If I had had photos of the spiracles I would have paid more attention..
I think I'll get some then.. Are you sure about the size?

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
From what I know ther is no Cormocephalus on Borneo. I also think like Staehilomyces the centipede should be a Ethmostigmus rubripes. I think the price is not like Subspinipes, Dehanni or Morsitans but also not like Galapagoensis, Gigantea or Hardwickei ;).

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Regarding the size, I don't think the Pacific Island ones get as big as the Australian ones. 15cm sounds about right.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Oh ok, thanks then :)
I'm not gonna lie, I can get them for a price that would seem like theft to most people.. so I think I'll go for it :D