Copperhead Photoshoot

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This evening I decided to take my Copper snake out for a pic or 3. It has recently shed and is really looking good!!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice looking snake! I just found a snake that got out in my chimney, it's a reason I kind of stay away from the hotter stuff. Nice pics, thanks.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. contortrix is one of my favorites as far as hots go:clap: i just don't think anything is more stunning....though i have heard there is a huge color difference between the ones located in Texas to the ones in South Carolina?? don't know how true it is though??? anyways beautiful mate....

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
After seeing that pic, yeah, maybe a little darker bands in the ones I see in Texas with some pink. Then there is A. c. pictigaster in w tx with really dark bands, they all look good to me.

I just checked, there are 3 subspecies of Copperhead in Tx.

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This happens to be the Osage Copperhead. In S Carolina you would have the Southern while in TX you all have Southern,Broad Band and Trans Pecos with the latter being my personal favorite out of all of them

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No need in rehoming it. It has had a really nice home the past 2 years where it gets a nice juicy mouse every week w/o having to hunt for one ;)

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a bittersweet feeling about these snakes... as I took a pretty good beatin' from my Daddy for playing with a small one, as a child. {D

This one is beautiful, though. :)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I kept for a short period of time a couple of Trans-pecos copperheads. I was talking to some people that said their venom is more toxic than the other subspecies. Anybody else hear of this?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I kept for a short period of time a couple of Trans-pecos copperheads. I was talking to some people that said their venom is more toxic than the other subspecies. Anybody else hear of this?
I never heard it before. I would like to have a Trans Pecos. A truly beautiful animal

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
I have never heard anything about one subspecies having more potent venom then any of the others either. I need to take my Southern out and get some pics sometime before the temps start dropping.

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow, that's an absolutely gorgeous snake you have there O_O.

*jealous* :p

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
from what i know the trans-pecos have a slightly stronger venom yeild but also they are quite a bit more fiesty than southerns!