cooling a terrarium?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've recently moved to an area much hotter than where I previously lived while housing T's in the past, and it gets much hotter during the day right now than the recommended temperature for good keeping. Recently temperatures in my area have been exceeding the 100 degree fahrenheit area on a fairly regular basis. This hsouldn't last more than a couple months, but I'm worried for my new spidey's well being in this elevated temperature. Is there a recommended way to bring down the temperature of an enclosure? or will he tough out the extra 15 degrees for the duration of summer before i have to actually start heating it?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've recently moved to an area much hotter than where I previously lived while housing T's in the past, and it gets much hotter during the day right now than the recommended temperature for good keeping. Recently temperatures in my area have been exceeding the 100 degree fahrenheit area on a fairly regular basis. This hsouldn't last more than a couple months, but I'm worried for my new spidey's well being in this elevated temperature. Is there a recommended way to bring down the temperature of an enclosure? or will he tough out the extra 15 degrees for the duration of summer before i have to actually start heating it?

I'd say it depends on the species if its desert species no worries!! But if something else id worry a lil try using a fan or get an air conditioner!!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well out here the summers are hot and the winters cold...for my t's that dont like the heat , i usually put them in my closet :cool: for some reason its pretty cool in there even if its 100 plus out???:?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've only recently received my first new T (haven't been home to a T in quite a while) and he's a nice 4" P. regalis. He seems very inactive during the daytimes, and though I realize this is a species charcteristic, something about the way he looks during the daytime just seems off. Almost like he's sagging down from his perch. It's hard to explain, but maybe it's nothing, I haven't kept any Poecilotheria before, so I'm not entirely sure. I've moved him to my basement for the time being, it's a little cooler down there. I just want to make sure things are perfect for him.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've never kept regalis but i do keep miranda, metallica, subfusca and rufilata and they all like it a little cooler....during the day hours they are pretty inactive, hiding in their retreat or behind some leaves but at night lol they are on the move!!! as long as you have water provided and good ventilation they should be fine...now if it gets in the 100's then making it cooler is a must...

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ya, once the sun goes down he perks right up, but the extremely hot days are starting to worry me a bit. Hell, I can barely function in this heat! Oh well, for now he's down in the basement, where it's quite a bit cooler during the daytime. Hopefully it's a little easier on him.

You're lucky, I want a metallica, but boy are they pricey!