~cool guy, cool video~

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That was great. :clap: {D Thanks for posting B! He definately brought something else to the hobby though. Great loss for it.

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lol that was amusing. Almost like the geek squad of T's.
Looks like he has a lot of them too.

willyomt

Arachnopeon
Lol that was amusing. Almost like the geek squad of T's.
Looks like he has a lot of them too.

Ryan,
Not has. Had. That's a news clip of Bryant Capiz from Chicago. Bryant ran "Arachnocentric", and I bought a lot of spiders from him back in the 90s. My guess is the video is from the early to mid 90s. Bryant is no longer with us, I believe he committed suicide. It was a loss to the tarantula community. Bryant always had some pretty nice Ts, and was a great guy to talk to.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh well don't I feel like an ass. That sucks. Seemed like a guy that was really into the hobby to.

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Wild Chicago"

Yeah, that was a clip from a show called Wild Chicago, on PBS (channel 11 in Chicago). I'm not certain, but I don't think it's still on the air. I've seen the show before, but this is actually the first time I've ever seen this clip.

Unfortunately, I never did get the chance to meet him. If you go to petbugs.com, I think there's still a link to his tribute page.

Thanks for posting this though.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, i used to deal w/him years back nice guy,great spiders/inverts. he will be missed:(

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
great loss

i knew bryant pretty well.He will be missed.Alot of my large adults come from his bloodlines.wouldn't trade 'em.
thanks for posting this brandon.
Andy

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am soo very sorry to here this news. I also had made several purchases from him at the Daytona Reptiles shows. I had no idea why he was no longer at the show. If any of you know the family, I send my best wishes.

willyomt

Arachnopeon
Bryant has been "gone" for years now. That's not to say that it isn't sad, but it's not really news any more. Well, old news maybe.........

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I seriously enjoyed this clip...it looked like he really was having fun with his T's and his friends....
Very sorry to hear he is no longer on this plane....an obvious loss to the hobby, as a whole..:(
Belated condolances to his friends and family....

~Blessed Be

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that was cool. i was surprised they got more than one species out at a time and next to each other i was under impression they would attack each other. but hes got some nice spiders there.

reptist

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks

Thanks for bringing this post back up I had forgoten I posted it here, you must have been way back in this section to find this one!! and yes, he is still missed, a good freind. PEACE, B.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That was a very cool video. The casual way he just hooks that P. irminia out of her pot and lets her run all over was crazy.

reptist

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Everybody makes......

We've all made mistakes, if you didnt know him I can see why you would want to throw that out there, if you did know him then you may just be vindictive, either way the man walked always w/ a smile and introduced me and countless others to a great hobby, he knew spiders well, sold thousands, many of which are still around today, and was my freind as well as a T dealer beyond any that I have known befor or since his death, even if you posted every mistake the man ever made it wouldnt tarnish the good he brought the hobby, it was his life, poke at him all you want, I'm sure he is laughing and making one of his smart a$$ comments, that, when you get it, will make you realize the kind of mentality it takes to throw stones at a dead legend, PEACE B. I always got your back, my freind !!!