Convince me

Rob1985

This user has no status.
As I clearly mentioned on page 8 of below post, I am not so pond of any tarantulas with horns on their carapaces.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/least-favorite-tarantula-species.288385/page-8#post-2894988

And for some other reason, I am not so pond of any Poecilotheria as well while so many out there are mad fans of above said tarantulas.

So please convince me by kindly explain or enlighten me why you love above said tarantulas, and why would strongly refer others to get one for one’s tarantula collection.

Again, please be kind. :angelic:
IDK why you're asking anyone to try and convince you. You like what you like, and don't like what you don't like. Who cares. Carry on.

boina

Lady of the mites
Marshalli/darlingi are both just fantastic....and while the complete uniqueness of the horn makes them special in their own right, they would be great even without that novelty. From the markings on the abdomen, to the spectacular carapace around the horn, to the banding on the legs, they are really good looking ts....on top of that, they're two of the most observable fossorials I can think of, with good growth rates and a spectacular feeding response.
Well, yes. And you can get all of that minus this weird horn thing in a C. meridionalis...

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
So please convince me by kindly explain or enlighten me why you love above said tarantulas
Nope, horned tarantulas don't do it for me at all (the only Ceratogyrus I like the look of is meridionalis) and I can count the amount of Pokies I like/want to keep on one hand.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats the way things are! Everyone likes diffrent. Some like Surströmming, others dont!:angelic:

Minty

@londontarantulas
And for some other reason, I am not so pond of any Poecilotheria as well while so many out there are mad fans of above said tarantulas.

So please convince me by kindly explain or enlighten me why you love above said tarantulas, and why would strongly refer others to get one for one’s tarantula collection.
JUST LOOK AT THEM!

theDHill

Arachnopeon
I recently took my first step into OWs with a Ceratogyrus darlingi. At first I was like "yeah, what's so special" Then I actually looked at it a little closer and was blown away by the color contrasts and patterns. Not to mention mine seems to have a VERY tolerant demeanor, it is actually more mellow that both of my A. chalcodes adults. I really am glad that I acquired this T!

Also, has anyone read the any of the recent articles published about Ceratogyrus attonitifer ... this things is crazy looking!

As far as pokies go, I do not have any yet so I can not speak from experience, but I can say "C'mon man" they are absolutely gorgeous and you know it! The sheer range of colors and the amazing abdominal markings and banding is phenominal, sure beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but like seriously, these spider seem to have levels, depths, contrasts, and pallets that I haven't seen on many other Ts. I'm personally really hoping to try picking up a P. metallica or a P. rufilata this month up at the Hamburg reptile show in Hamburg PA.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
I'm personally really hoping to try picking up a P. metallica or a P. rufilata this month up at the Hamburg reptile show in Hamburg PA.
You better leave a metallica for me! That's what I'm going there for.:smug:

theDHill

Arachnopeon
You better leave a metallica for me! That's what I'm going there for.:smug:
We can either rock paper scissors or battle royal fight to the death... either way it'll be a good time. JK I'm really trying to expand my collection in the means of either pairs or sub adult females, so I am not looking to clear them out by any means. If you see a guy wearing a shirt that says "I only care about leeches and maybe like 3 people", that would be me. Have fun up there and happy hunting

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
We can either rock paper scissors or battle royal fight to the death... either way it'll be a good time. JK I'm really trying to expand my collection in the means of either pairs or sub adult females, so I am not looking to clear them out by any means. If you see a guy wearing a shirt that says "I only care about leeches and maybe like 3 people", that would be me. Have fun up there and happy hunting
Oh, I'm looking for a sling so we're not really competing anyways. I'll keep an eye out for you while I'm there. Good luck finding what you're looking for. They usually only have a few metallicas past the sling stage.

Bigme213

Arachnosquire
Some of my favorites you are referring to here.

Marshalli/darlingi are both just fantastic....and while the complete uniqueness of the horn makes them special in their own right, they would be great even without that novelty. From the markings on the abdomen, to the spectacular carapace around the horn, to the banding on the legs, they are really good looking ts....on top of that, they're two of the most observable fossorials I can think of, with good growth rates and a spectacular feeding response.

Pokies remind me of beautifully patterned Psalmopeous (one of my favorites). Great growth rates, superb feeding response (I can hear them hit prey in the other room, through a closed door, with the TV on) and tendencies to both be visible, and be pretty darn calm for such large, bulky arboreals. Very impressive display species....people are always struck by the brightness of the yellow under the front legs.
Nuff said

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Don't want an absolutely stunning tarantula? Then Poecilotheria aren't for you.
Tbf, ornata are one of the only ones that interest me (others being subfusca/metallica/rufilata), the rest of the genus I can take or leave.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Tbf, ornata are one of the only ones that interest me (others being subfusca/metallica/rufilata), the rest of the genus I can take or leave.
I think they're all bonny. My other 2, subfusca (mentioned) and tigrinawesseli are stunners too.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Apart from all the other positive aspects of the genus, the horns that some spp. of Ceratogyrus have are just amazing. I mean, there are not so many genera that have tarantulas with such weird characteristics out there. It just continues to amaze me. What are they for? No idea!

Does the horn make any complications while molting?
No, they molt just fine.

20180715_154733.jpg 20180715_160638.jpg