Converts

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
Just converted my fiancé, she was terribly arachnophobic before she met me, and it took a few months of weedling and convincing just to get her to let me get one, that was a month ago with my pulchripes, then I bought a nice big G. Actaeon and she was terrified at the idea of giant spider, but willing to allow it. She sees "giant spider" and the first words out of her mouth are "I want one" so now I'm looking for an RCF rosea for her birthday. Talk about a conversion. Anyone else have a conversion like this or other arachnophobia curing stories?

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I worked on my girlfriend for 7 months before she let me get one, now i've got a second about a month later (adult G. Rosea) and she actually held it considering before this is the girl was the one who would scream and run away from a spider in the bathroom.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
maybe not with one of my Ts but i do have a snake story. well we were walking around the flea market and this guy had a snake out and this guy nowing me well because of how much i go and hang out with him at the flea market( i help him clean cages mostly help him with his T) but he handed me the snake and my mom walked up and she is one that thinks there all slimy so i grabbed the snake behind the head to insure her and i let her "pet" it and now she is always going there and holding the little corn snakes :D love converisoins

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
This is a wife talking here. Im the one who has the inverts in my house. My husband wanted one when he was a kid at his parents home & they said no. Now that we have a few, he doesnt look at them, go figure. He does love to educate kids & adults when we go to do presentations though.

Now when there is a large 4 inch true spider in our house like a hobo, I will not touch it! I will wait until he comes home from work & he can take care of it. I dont do true spiders at all.

Kim

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL!! lucky my wife says "go ahead if you want" YEAH!!!!:D:D
My wife goes a step or two past that. :D At a recent event I picked out a few baby tarantulas - a B. boehmi, a B. emilia, and a C. cyanopubescens. When I showed them to my wife she looked disappointed and said "Don't you think it would be better to get several of each?" Ended up with 4 B. boehmi and 3 each of the others. But she still wasn't sure we'd gotten as many as we should have.