Conversations

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Is there a check to see if a recipient of a conversation has read said conversation? If there is why not turn off the timer that restricts editing a convo. No reason for that timer and restricting editing. On a thread that makes sense but not in a limited convo situation.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Is there a check to see if a recipient of a conversation has read said conversation? If there is why not turn off the timer that restricts editing a convo. No reason for that timer and restricting editing. On a thread that makes sense but not in a limited convo situation.
Yes, there is a last read date/time

Have to disagree with you there. What about cases of harassment? I send you a nasty PM and then as soon as I see you read it, I edit it so there is no proof? What if I told you a specific price for a tarantula and then change it 3 days later before you make payment? What if I told you I would ship tomorrow but then changed it to next week?

I can keep going.... ;)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
A misunderstand here. Wasn't clear. You can edit it until it has been read.
Just don't need a timer that stops your editing ability after X minutes. Once read it is uneditable.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Can we do away with the read flag while we're at it? I frequently read things and then wait (for example, until after I've had my coffee) to reply to them, but if the other person sees I've already read it, that's an axe hanging over my head.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Can we do away with the read flag while we're at it? I frequently read things and then wait (for example, until after I've had my coffee) to reply to them, but if the other person sees I've already read it, that's an axe hanging over my head.
Go to your Privacy Settings and uncheck "Show your Last Read Date of conversation messages". Done!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Couple things:

No users should be able to edit a conversation after 5 minutes of posting it (whether read or unread) There is no way to base the ability to edit on whether or not the message has been read. I will have to test further.

The "Show your Last Read Date of conversation messages" option is only available to Arachnosupporters (regular and plus).