Containers for juvies?

MS6582

Arachnopeon
Yep I got two display cases from Michaels yesterday, drilled some holes in the lid and good to go, my 2x2x3" was only $0.99 they had some that were 4x4x5" for $2.49 and they had some even taller ones for about $3.49. the lids come off pretty easy but seal well too... I couldn't be happier.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Not true... They actually work very well as T enclosures. I know because this is all I house my slings/juveniles in. They are well worth every penny you spend on them!!! :D

The lids still have the same strong hold even after drilling the holes into them. The little rubber piece is actually what holds it on for the most part, not the fact that it sucks the air out. I can still easily pick the containers up by just the lids and have never had one pop off (though I wouldn't recommend only holding them by the lids). Just saying, they are still quite strong.

I say BUY EM UP!!! If you would like instructions on how to drill neatly organized holes to make em look professional, just ask. I have a how to thread on here somewhere that will show you how to do it.

smkrus

Arachnopeon
I've got the cubes from Hobby Loby/Michaels, but the largest is around ~5"x5"
I want ones that are ~6"x10-12" like those OXO/POP ones, but something that doesn't cost ~15-20$ each

MS6582

Arachnopeon
Sounds like a large container for some juvies but if that's what you want, maybe look for some off brands at the grocery store, drug store, or if you have Bed Bath and Beyond where you are at, they always have 20% off. Also, Costco usually has a multi-size pack for all sizes of T's for a decent price. Good luck!

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just purchased Beta tanks for my two slings they are smat but with slight modifications to the lids they will be perfect and they cost 4.59 each.

http://www.amazon.com/Lees-Aquarium-Betta-Plant-Gravel/dp/B001D6X0CU

I think it will take me a half hour to and hour to make them spider proof, with a door at the top for feeding. I would think this would be good for a spiderling up to 2&1/2 inches? Well I'll post some pics when I'm finished.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
They come in a range of sizes and are perfect for almost ALL juvies (excluding terrestrials). I'm pretty sure most of mine will be able to get up to almost 4.5" before I'll beed to throw them in there permanent enclosures.

The smallest enclosures are good for anything from 1"-3" and the largest ones are good for anything from 3"-4.5". From then on I usually get them in their permanent enclosures anyways, and that is the way of things over here. IDK why, but to me they just seem like they were built for tarantula's :rolleyes:

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OK, well good to know.
Still, for me, waste of money if nothing else.
For slings there are much more economical and practical options.

Your local dollar store will have inexpensive plastic containers, as will Wallmart.
Clear deli cups are the supermarket are maybe a nickle. Gallon jars at Wallmart are inexpensive as well.

Those containers do look nice though...