constrictor imperator?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
judging from the saddle count (i counted 22 but it's hard to see where the vent is in the picture) it's an imperator If the snake is a Boa constrictor constrictor, the saddle count should be between 15-20... if the snake is a Boa constrictor imperator, the saddle count should be between 22-30. it's the easiest way to tell but it could have mixed genetics too since people breed BCI's with BCC's all the time which makes me :wall:

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
cheers, they were selling him as a common boa, but i thought that was 'constrictor constrictor' not bothered either was hes awesome... called him bunny haha

Lolita

Arachnoknight
typically commons are imperators and true red tails are constricters but people do mix them up so if your ever looking for a true use the saddle count method it works really well. why did you decide to name him bunny? lol i have 5 red tails all of mine are true though on the plus side imperators seem to stay smaller than constrictors from my experience so their easier to house long term and slightly better tempered

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
yeah hes almost comatose so chilled out, thought id name him something that describes his disposition.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
lol well that fits mine are named banna (she is an albino so yellow= banana for me) trousers as in a trouser snake angel belle and spartacus