Considering next acquisitions

Which option do you think is best?

• A - The more the merrier!

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • B - Theraphosa all the way!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • C - None of them, they are both terrible selections. What are you thinking?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nocebo75

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I've been thinking for the last few days on new Ts to add to the collection.

Considering availability and restrictions on each online shop I have come up with two sets of options.

Restrictions on building each set:
  • Vendor A has a minimum order of 150€
  • Vendor B has no minimum, but a shipping cost of 25€, so it also makes sense to get a few in one go
Vendor A:
  • G. pulchra F 2.5cm BL
  • P. irminia L4/L5
  • M. balfouri L5
  • Cyriocosmus elegans L3/L4
  • Linothele megatheloides L5/L6
  • Neoholothele incei L6/L7
Vendor B:
  • Theraphosa apophysis F 7cm DSL
  • Linothele megatheloides L5/L6
  • P. irminia L4/L5
Option A comes to almost exactly 150. Option B to 200 including shipping.

Rationale behind the selections

I'm very interested in both the G. pulchra and the Theraphosa and both should end up in my collection at some point. I don't really mind which one comes first. The Theraphosa has the extra attractive for me of building a nice bioactive enclosure for it, it's something I enjoy doing for my snakes. The extras on both options come to a mix of wanting to raise a few slings (but leaving out of the equation very small ones below L3) plus looking for fast/more defensive examples without going crazy with difficult OWs (the balfouri may be in the fringe there, not sure). I'm interested in heavy webbers hence the Linothele, although I know it's very fast.

Thanks for any feedback/opinions/suggestions!

Table

Arachnosquire
option 1 looks like a great deal. A female pulcra can run you the big bucks, so at that price in snach them up. Considering I payed 80 for my balfori as well, superb deal, and awesome spieces. I don't have a Neoholothele incei but they are great looking and make really nice webbing.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Option A has G. pulchra, that would be my pick personally. N. incei also seems like a really neat NW to have.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’d get a couple goats. They are pretty cool

goonius

Arachnoknight
Option A: We bought both a gold and olive N incei a few months ago, and I love them. Their webs are beautiful, they have great feeding response, and pop out of their webs in anticipation even before I drop in prey. Our P irminia has been a great addition too. We got her last summer as a sling -- she has been fast-growing, has gorgeous colors, and has not been nearly as reclusive as we had anticipated. Her web/dirt curtain is extensive, both above and underground and allows her to teleport all over her enclosure to find prey which is entertaining (and a little intimidating at times). You never know where she might pop out and surprise you. That these two are NW without urticating hairs is a nice bonus when cleaning enclosures too.

Nocebo75

Arachnopeon
Thank you everyone! Order placed for A, let's see if it's processed and shipped fast :)

The Theraphosa was very tempting, but the wider variety of the first option made me go for it.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I'd suggest going for vendor A because the variety and options are more. I'm a very big fan of the Theraphosa genus, but I'd prefer vendor A myself.

Nocebo75

Arachnopeon
Quick update...and not a totally happy one unfortunately.

Today they arrived. Finally. I made the order at the date you see on the previous post, June 12th. From there were a few days for processing and then there were a few days of extreme heat in Poland so shipping was delayed.

They shipped on Monday and FedEx was horrendous. They should have arrived Tuesday, but first they got stuck in Paris and then, after they arrived to Madrid, they got stuck in the airport FedEx hub for another day. I tried to go pick them up, but not possible to pick them up there. Anyway, they arrived early this morning. The G. pulchra didn't make it :sad:

The rest seem ok and are already in the new enclosures. The order was as listed on the initial post, except that the C. elegans wasn't available anymore and the P. irminia is an adult female. I got a H. pulchripes L1 sling as an unexpected extra.

Picture of the P. irminia on her new enclosure to end up on a happier note:

Capture.PNG

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Quick update...and not a totally happy one unfortunately.

Today they arrived. Finally. I made the order at the date you see on the previous post, June 12th. From there were a few days for processing and then there were a few days of extreme heat in Poland so shipping was delayed.

They shipped on Monday and FedEx was horrendous. They should have arrived Tuesday, but first they got stuck in Paris and then, after they arrived to Madrid, they got stuck in the airport FedEx hub for another day. I tried to go pick them up, but not possible to pick them up there. Anyway, they arrived early this morning. The G. pulchra didn't make it :sad:

The rest seem ok and are already in the new enclosures. The order was as listed on the initial post, except that the C. elegans wasn't available anymore and the P. irminia is an adult female. I got a H. pulchripes L1 sling as an unexpected extra.

Picture of the P. irminia on her new enclosure to end up on a happier note:

View attachment 389916
Is the seller refunding or sending you a new Grammostola pulchra?

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
Sorry, behind the curve. Hope they make it right and sorry for the loss of your spider. :(