Considering a new T

PhoenixRisen

Arachnopeon
My birthday is early August and my mother asked me what I wanted...I told her I didn't know. I knew that I wanted another T, but wasn't sure on the species.
I saw that Adam of TarantulasCages.com has 1/2" OBTs for $8.00 (+ $25.00 flat rate shipping) but my local PetLand has a subadult Avic (either versi or avic not sure which) for $21.99. I would love either one but I'm not sure if I should be delving into the defensiveness of the OW sp yet since all I've ever had are G. rosea (and G. pulchra and B. smithi recently). Unfortunately money is an option.
So, please, tell me what you guys think.

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I love Avics but 21.99 is a little much for an A. avic (which is probably what they have). An A. versicolor sling would be cool, I have a versi that I raised from a sling. They are a nice blue color when they are little. An OBT would be a nice addition but if you are worried you might want to wait until you get a little more experienced. I would check the for sale section for deals. You might find something else you like.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you have kept those tarantulas, you can get pretty much all of the new world tarantulas, though Psalmopoeus acts exactly like an old world arboreal. But they are not as venomous, so I can easily recommend them. P. cambridgei was my first tarantula, byt the way.

When it comes to old world tarantulas, OBT's are one of the most difficult to deal with, no matter what NatureBoy tells you. {D They are not as defensive as some, but they have to be the most unpredictable species I've ever kept. And they also have the speed of an arboreal.

But basicly you can get whatever you want, if you do the proper research. I think Youtube videos are a good way to learn the speed of the spiders. There's not a word that can describe a Pokie that makes a run for it.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GBB If u can find any on sale or something otherwise i would choose avic too i just got one from reptist last week and they are neat things.