Suggestion Consider making a Discord for Arachnoboards?

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Hey, I was wondering. Has any of the admin heard of Discord and if they have, have they considered making an official one for Arachnoboards?

Granted the general focus there is for gaming however that's not to say it's all it can be used for. It allows for live chatting as well as easy voice chatting all in one place if people so choose. There's a lot of options for making separate rooms and the like. It could be set up just like the forum but provide a live place to chat at. I know there's irc but I dunno. Discord seems to have a lot more functions and features and a way to separate various topic rooms and such.

I'm willing to create one if people are interested. It's free after all.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have tried live chat before, in the past, and it never worked out. If you wish to do this on your own, obviously that is up to you. However, it can not have anything to do with or be associated with Arachnoboards in any way, including any name you choose to use or identify it with.

Regards,

Debby

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Ok. So I could make one and then post say in the watering hole here and invite people to it without problem?

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Yep, absolutely. It just can't be called arachnoboards or anything related. We do not want anyone thinking we are associated with it. ;)

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Alrighty. Cool beans. no problem. That's why I didn't make one to start with and suggested it was so that ya'll could decide if you wanted any association. I'll make one and link it. I may set it up based similarly to here since it's basically like a live chat forum, you can do both text and voice chat, you can post pictures up to it and all of that, have different rooms dedicated to different topics. It's a pretty cool set up. I wont name it arachnoboards or anything of that nature. Something invert nature but not focused upon this forum by any means so that it is it's separate entity.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
We have enough discord at AB when somebody starts a "beginner wants an OBT" or a handling thread... :D

Don't mind me, just passing through...